VPN time

By Hannah - 01/03/2010 03:16 - United States

Today, I got excited because I found a chat line for teens who are dealing with depression. I signed up and was about to enter the chat room when a message popped up that said, ''Sorry this is only available for teens in the United Kingdom.'' FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 851
You deserved it 4 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sure there is a plethora of like sites that you can visit. Google would be a good place to start ;) Keep your head up kid.

hayleyukulele 0

depressed people can get excited too, ignorant pricks

Comments

whoever thinks you can't get excited while being depressed is a huge moron and should learn the basics of psych 101.

Anti09 1

http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/ I googled "suicide chat rooms" maybe you should try that next time before wasting my life with this stupid FML. YDI for not using Google.

perdix 29

That must have been like the time I called the Suicide Prevention Hotline that happened to be sponsored by Nike. When I was put on hold, it was an unfortunate time to hear the recorded message of "Just Do It."

I guess it goes without saying that perdix= win ;) I'll be shocked if he ever says something not funny

FYLDeep 25

Tiger Woods had a similar problem with Nike.

Guys, leave Snickers alone. At least she puts effort into her comments so she doesn't sound like an idiot, unlike most of the people commenting her trying to make fun of her. People say spelling and grammar don't matter outside of school, but it really does. And you should never have to "turn off" your intelligence. [/gets off soapbox] And I agree with you my dear. There are many FMLs from Ohio. But there's also a lot from Oregon I believe. I guess FML is just popular in those states.

tekcor 2

Depression in teens is as common as fur on cats. Oh boo hoo, your best friend is going out with your crush, your parents won't let you drive and thus hate you, and your math teacher is failing you because he hates you. All your problems are either made up, or are not problems. Stop being a drama queen and relax. Just chill out, realize how little any of this stuff really matters in life, and just go with the flow. Worse things could happen.

hey. YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE. do you know how many ppl commit suicide because they're depressed? maybe you do

Depression affects a lot of people for many, many different reasons, some more severely than others. You don't know the OP's situation. You don't know mine. I grew up in a very abusive household, jumped around in foster homes, and have had many, many other unfortunate things happen, and I'm only eighteen. I've had depression for as long as I remember. Being a teenager is hard enough without all these other problems. I'm not saying that there aren't drama queens, but think a second before you judge.

maybe you do and you're posting that nonsense anyway because you have no soul

runaway102 0

wow what a heartless bastard! depression doesnt always have to do with personal problems sometimes its due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. read a fucken book sometime!

Excuse me? I'm sorry, but until you know why someone is depresssed, their problems, and exactly how they feel, stop ******* judging. Not every teenager is the exact same as the ten you may see acting like that. Don't be ignorant next time.

totally agree with redbluegreen. everyone thought i was a drama queen for so long and i lost like all of my friends. then i actually told everyone what happened and they all felt bad for being stupid. i am definitely not depressed because i'm a teenager. i didn't get to do anything like all of my other friends because i was terrified of people, having panic attacks all the time, i couldn't sleep, and when i did sleep i was woken up by nightmares every hour. i had plenty of people saying i was overreacting or that i was crazy. and now, everyone is taking that back because i told them what happened. don't judge people, especially when you don't know their situation. and p.s. i'm sorry redbluegreen about what happened to you. i hope you don't stay depressed for too long! it feels reallll good when it's gone, and you will appreciate happiness more than most people. i do, because i only get so much happiness and then it's gone. but i'm working out my situation and it's getting easier to deal with. hopefully that happens for you sometime soon. good luck, and also you can message me if you want to talk. i like giving advice and i would much rather hear about other people's lives than think about my own.

Of course hun, no problem. You're usually right as it is. Actually, I've yet to see you really "slip up". People like to make a mountain out of an anthill simply because they don't want to fix themselves or admit that they're wrong. -sigh- There's difference between making simple human mistakes and being purposely stupid. I'd hate to be their English teacher. I hate reading over my friends work for this reason.

I'm confused, were you hoping to be cheered up by talking to a bunch of depressed people?

runaway102 0

you're an idiot! its easier to talk to others when they are going trough the same thing! duh!

I'd like to know why an site that can be accessed internationally is restricted to one country... its not racist, but is there a word that describes it?

zippit09 0

We don't know what website it was either; it could be government-funded for UK citizens. Technically the UK is one country, but England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland can all be referred to variously as countries, nations, kingdoms (England/Scotland, though Scotland has no heir), regions, or principality (Wales).