Vote of confidence

By SMRT - 13/01/2010 06:08 - Canada

Today, I finished my position paper for my social studies class and read it to my mom to get her opinion on it. After I'm done reading it, she asks me if I copied it from somewhere because it sounded very professional and smart, and it didn't sound like me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 258
You deserved it 3 495

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've had a similar experience in highschool. It was a presentation that we had to partner up for, and I happened to partner with one of the smartest girls in class. Incidently, we both left it to the last minute (both of us to blame - we were both lazy) but then, the day before, I got an idea of what to do and wrote the whole thing. Afterwards, the teacher said, "That was one of the best and cleverest presentations I've come across in a long time." Everyone thought that my partner came up with it all and I did nothing. No one believed that it was my idea at all.

Yeah I really hate it when I get told my writing seems professional.

Comments

TripleJumpMan 0

congraulations do you want a cookie?

boatkicker 4

Unless your teacher says the same thing and then fails you for 'cheating' it's not an FML.

imemyself77 4

Too bad. As sad as it is, we all seek validation from our parents on some level.

That sucks. That happened to me a lot in school. I mean, just because my essays sounded better than my school work doesn't mean that they were plagarized. If we have to write an essay in class, we only have 40 minutes to do it. When we do it at home, we have the whole day to do, so most likely it will sound better. Some teachers need to have their teaching degrees taken away from them.

flyinmysoup 0

"Some teachers need to have their teaching degrees taken away from them." I second that

This is an fml because she was accused of plagarism and basically told that her writing has made her look really dumb in the past. So don't call her a moron.

Not a big deal, I adopt a different style when I write to when I talk so I doubt my parents would recognise a piece of my writing.

strawberryhtty 0

I agree with # 15. YDI for also thinking this is a FML.

Well, better than the things that tend to happen with long homework papers on FML (Deleted, lost, destroyed, ruined...etc.). Think about it, having it insulted (or, if #15 is right, it wasn't even insulted) is much better than some of the other fates that could befall it.