By crawfo - 31/08/2009 13:54 - Australia

Today, whilst on a date I recieved my sixth missed call from my mother. I excused myself and went outside and called her, she and my father wanted to know why I was having dinner and holding hands with another man. It turns out they were also on a date. At the same place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 321
You deserved it 12 065

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your parents must not have been too upset - at least they didn't barge over to your table and demand to know what was up.

Oops! Well you had to come out eventually, but FYL :- Also: not last! :-) (I'll be teed off if they close the topic though)

Comments

I agree with #7, actually-- I don't know what the talk afterwards was like, but the confrontation could have been a lot worse. My mother would have pulled a knife on me. She's threatened to in the past, haha. I hope your date and whatever talk followed with your parents turned out okay, though!

DogFun 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Being gay is not a choice. Being ignorant however is a choice, and apparently you’ve already made that choice. I came out to my family when I was 15. It is a tough thing to go through. Most families are less than accepting even if they are very liberal. Being gay seems to be one of those things that is okay as long as it’s not someone in your family. It is a tough enough experience without ignorant people like you making it more difficult.

oogyboogy 6

The answer would be "Because I am gay. (click)" Or you could also ask, "Why are you and Dad eating at a gay restaurant?" You can always tell when you are in one because all of the waiters are straight. ;)

Plexico, I am starting to appreciate your comments more and more. I fear I misjudged you before and for that I apoligize.

Plexico is the shit :-D Sort of an ass sometimes but that's where the shit comes from! ;-)

Lonely_lez (#20), don't worry, it's OK. Being funny is not an exact science -- it's hard to tell which ones are going to be the hits and misses before you hit the "Spill the beans!" button.

Lonely_Lez, I'm with you. I, myself, pre-judged Plexico as a genuine prick before I came to appreciate him as the brilliant satirist that he is. My apologies also, Plexico.

Psssht, I appreciated plexico's comments BEFORE it was cool.

people who kiss ass on the internet are about as cool as those who argue on the internet. kissing the ass of someone who argues on the internet, however, is just funny.

boatkicker 4

I think at one point we ALL thought Plexico was an ass. But I'm sure we can all agree that Plexico is the shit. haha

Before they close comments, I will put my two cents in. I'm very sorry that your parents had to find out this way, but assuming that they can accept you for who you are, it at least takes the pressure off you to tell them. If they can't accept you, then you'll have to deal with that, which is extremely unfortunate for everyone involved. Best of luck!

.. I didn't reply to this comment. WTF haha.

Who cares if ur parents saw you on a date? unless you are a guy... which, FYL but if that is the case it makes coming out really easy :P Way to go :P

spectacularrr 0

That's the whole point-- it even says man next to the OP's nickname. And even then coming out wouldn't be easy. I helped my best friend when his parents threw a fit about him coming out. Most heartbreaking thing I've ever witnessed.

Being gay is not a choice. Being ignorant however is a choice, and apparently you’ve already made that choice. I came out to my family when I was 15. It is a tough thing to go through. Most families are less than accepting even if they are very liberal. Being gay seems to be one of those things that is okay as long as it’s not someone in your family. It is a tough enough experience without ignorant people like you making it more difficult.

Who wants to take bets on when RainnDrop and that xxVampxx (or whatever his name is) dude will show up here? Any takers?

Jazzywrites007 2

GOD DAMN IT I SHOULD HAVE PLACED A BET!

*roars with laughter* The fact that you responded to my comment (given what it said) is just total ******* WIN. Feel special, RainnDrop. No, I don't have a lot of free time on my hands, but I still make time to read your comments. They're just so entertaining!

RAINNDROP IS 13 YEARS OLD. Just thought I'd point that out. Any takers on a bet of how much she knows of life? I place $30 on very little to nothing.

lol, sweetheart, I think you overestimate how hard it is to click a link and read words on a page. Too much free time. Ah, you kill me :) But yes, of course I check to see if you've responded! I mean, don't flatter yourself, honey, this whole thread has been pretty damn awesome which is the main reason I keep coming back to check it, but why would I post comments directed at you and then not follow up?! Why waste the entertainment value of the thing?? giganticbrain, dude, don't waste your cash; we all know the answer to that bet. Just enjoy it :P