By Confused - 27/02/2012 04:58 - United States

Today, while skiing, the creepy guy controlling the chair lift said I was pretty. I was so caught off guard that I fell off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 415
You deserved it 5 150

Same thing different taste

Comments

iseyixes 18

Swept off your feet? Fall in love?

omarzrgz 3

So you tried to make yourself un-pretty?

At least it wasn't "the creepy skydiving instructor"

GoW_Chick 14

Look on the bright if you hurt yourself you might get treated by Dr. FeelGood, he's gonna make you feel alright, Dr. FeelGood!

perdix 29

Did it catch you off guard because the only time a guy calls you "pretty" is when you look in the mirror and say it in a husky voice?

ski lift operator: youre pretty *watches OP faceplant in the snow* ...ugh not anymore!

Overreaction much? Sounds a bit.... I don't know... bitchy. Were you oh so taken aback by a nice thing said because you're not used to being called pretty or is it because he's "creepy"? You should have just said thank you, smiled and enjoyed your skiing. Not embarass the poor guy. Just my two cents.

Watch out for those lifties, they're only glorified carnies!

So only good looking non-creepy guys are allowed to compliment you?

Why do women get so offended when they get complemented on their looks? You spend hours trying to look just so, but when a guy walks by and acknowledges it you get offended.

Depends how it's done. When the old guy at the cookie place yells "hey baby looking good" everytime I walk by (which is frequent since its right next to the restrooms) it's creepy. When a customer walks into my job and asks what a pretty girl from England is doing in the states it's cute.

Not when you're skiing, though. Since you tend to look like an androgynous marshmallow with all that gear on, I can see why OP was surprised and creeped out.

Please do not complement the snow bunnies. :)

EvilDave 13

@81 Oh, that is bull. The fact is that girls, regardless of how old they get (because they sure as hell aren't women and definitely not ladies), get offended if someone they don't find attractive complements them. They say it is weird and creepy. This is because they expect only people they find attractive to look at them and think they are attractive. They have the mentalities of 3 year olds, who can't distinguish between their inner selves and the rest of the universe.