By Anonymous - 11/10/2010 00:57 - United States

Today, while on my run, I was attacked by my neighbor's new dog. It apparently didn't like me running past their house and broke free from its chain. I now have stitches and was just told that I'm probably being taken to court for the emotional distress I caused her and the dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 732
You deserved it 2 794

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take pictures of your injury now, in case this goes to court after you've healed. As long as you have a good lawyer, you shouldn't lose. Still, FYL for the hassle and lawyer fees :

FFML_314 11

Buy a tiger and let is loose in her house.

Comments

Should be the emotional distress the owners put on the poor dog. Chained ?! People are despicable.

karmaslave 5

Definitely say that you are the one who suffered emotional distress. Say that you are now afraid of dogs.

That's so wrong, the dog came off the property and attacked you while you were only jogging by. The owners should be paying for the stitches their dog caused along with having the dog put to sleep. If anyone is taking anybody to court it should be you taking them, no way they can surely win & their stupid for trying.

xdanixx 0

#3 u don't have to be a fatty to go for a run, dumbass. it's called keeping fit.

its true (in texas) a dog that bites a person must be put down. sue the shit outta them for their dog biting you. They are the ones who will lose in court and may even be fined for a frivolous law suit. I'm a cop btw.

rofflewaffle 9

Counter-sue. Your neighbor be paying your hospital bills, your lawyer, and all your court costs. The dog will be put down, and your neighbor will be fined for keeping a dangerous animal. ******* morons with their huge-ass vicious dogs. There's a difference between an animal that's kept for protection and a dangerous poorly-trained beast. I don't know how old the OP is, but I assume he's at least an adult. If it had been a small child running down the sidewalk the day that chain broke instead, this story could have had a much more tragic ending than just "FML." OP, your life isn't completely ******. While it sucks that you incurred injuries, at least now you have a chance to do some good and make the world (at least your corner of it) a little safer for kids and joggers.