By Djcc - 21/02/2012 18:03 - United States

Today, while my boyfriend and I were watching TV, I asked him if he loved me. He turned up the volume. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 980
You deserved it 7 102

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

As a complete third party I would suggest maybe not putting him on the spot. For a lot of guys love is scary whereas girls dream about it growing up

MrsUresti 8

Why would love be scary for guys?

17-while it doesn't apply to all men, love tends to go hand-in-hand with commitment, which tends to frighten some people. I'm guessing OPs boyfriend has commitment issues?

what makes you think that love can't be scary for girls too?

Let's just say guys don't grow up planning there wedding and dreaming of romantic first dates. Girls just tend to b more into that I guess.

30, get over it already. It's called a stereotype, this particular one having a lot of basis in reality. Everyone knows there are exceptions.

it's just that pretty much every time someone says "girls do..." I don't. I know it's stereotypes, but still, I find it quite annoying. I can't remember ever planning my wedding since I find that stuff boring, and the best first date I can imagine is going out for a pizza.

I agree. It just makes him feel cornered and pressured.

Guess he doesn't want to hear you. That, or maybe he thought it was the tv and couldn't hear.

Well he's either having a bad day, or being an asshole, then again I haven't said that phrase in a long time so its actually a guy thing to be honest... Don't take it too badly, unless he treats you wrongly.

Most people in my experience overuse the word "love" maybe he wasn't ready and didn't know how to say?

That's awkward of YOU to ask. Id do the same.

Except the guy's reaction to that isn't exactly respectful. I like TV but really, it would make more sense to atleast kiss your girl if you aren't going to say anything. Hell, that's what I would do ;) Then again, maybe the guy was acting all "alpha" and succeded at being a badass considering it got on FML. Lol

flockz 19
SaMmIMonster96 6

I bet it was Twilight.. *facepalm* okay, can I kill Robert Pattinson now? Please?

Jen1030 0

Why would you want to know what she was watching...?