By Embarrassed - 12/12/2011 13:45 - Germany

Today, while having dinner with my boyfriend's family, his mom told me that it looks like I've gained quite some weight. When my boyfriend told her that this was a rude thing to say, she said it wasn't rude, just the truth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 200
You deserved it 6 289

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cradle6 13

She doesn't like you. At least your boyfriend stood up for you?

Olovio 5

This is actually a nice FML. I can't remember the last time I saw an FML where the boyfriend stood up for the girlfriend.

Comments

Ouch.. Sorry OP she's a bitch.. That's just something you don't say.. No matter what.

I would've been like 'Screw you bitch and pass the gravy!'

Maybe she didn't think she was being rude, maybe she thought she was being supportive? I don't know the full story here but it's possible that you were underweight and that the mother was congratulating you. I have a friend who has dietary problems and is underweight because of it, she's trying to gain weight.

xStaciexLynnx 15

If that were the case I don't think she'd be posting on FML about it...

Unless the girl is anorexic then having any meat on her bones would be upsetting to her. It is possible she was talking her she looks better and the girl being anorexic was offended...... Just saying it is an option

**** it. Tell her shes an old rude woman who can't cook.

"well it looks like you've gained a lot of fine lines and wrinkles... *looks at bf* it's not rude it the truth".

Wow that really sucks :P but like other people have already said, at least he stood up for you.

Strafeh 9

At least your boyfriend stood up for you?

Well at least it seems ur boyfriend's a decent guy.

ArielTheMermaid 17

At least your boyfriend tried to stick up for you?