By Anonymous - 10/06/2012 08:47 - United States - Kent

Today, while at my cosmetics job, an elderly lady came up to me asking for a product. I told her we had a smaller size and a larger size for a better deal. She told me she wanted the smaller size because she'd "probably be dead" before she finished that one. I laughed. She was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 961
You deserved it 5 244

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh Jesus, what a morbid old woman. S:

yoursucklives 36

i think everyone would have assumed that she was joking.

Comments

oh Jesus, what a morbid old woman. S:

Thats sad... Reading how weirdly old people react to things makes me worried about my own old age.

Hey, from what I see, that's a old woman whose still got a good head on her shoulders. She's thinking logically and already come to terms with her own fate after (I'd hope) living a happy and full life. When I'm that old, that's how I want to be for sure.

baddawg365 0

She's not morbid, she's not a pessimist, she's just a realist.

@#8 the glass is twice as large as it needs to be. :-)

I love realist! That old woman is awesome and well sounds like gonna be me, when I get old! HA

Halfaglass.jpg - Some say the glass is half full. Some say the glass is half empty. I say.... more room to add vodka! ;)

Forget half empty. If she's that old the glass is probably more like 7/8 empty.

hbbs93 6

Maybe she just said it as an excuse to get the sales lady off her back.

stuner56 22

I would have too. It happens

Shes saving money in a sense... She pays less for the smaller one =D

14- Sure, because if she's correct, she's really going to be needing that money then, right? ;)

25 - maybe she's saving money for her will.

33- .....This is cosmetics we are talking about right? How much of a price difference could we be considering here? Less than $30 bucks I would imagine to upgrade from a small tub of moisturizer or base to a large.....? I mean, perhaps she does want to save the money or not be wasteful, I guess, but it just seems unnecessary to consider trying to save a few bucks of her own money if it'll make her happy. $20 bucks less of her inheritance, split who knows how many different ways shouldn't really matter. (Maybe I have the wrong idea. Are some cosmetics crazy pricey? As in, hundreds of dollars for paste and such?)

39 - You obviously don't know how much cosmetics can go for. An 8oz jar of rejuvenator can go for over a hundred dollars. I think it was Coco Chanel (probably wrong there, though) who started marketing perfume that was expensive because woman want to buy the expensive stuff just because it's expensive (her words, not mine).

71- 0.O Obviously I have much to learn about cosmetics! No wonder my last comment got negative thumbs, it appears am I quite ignorant in this topic! My apologies, and thanks for clarifying. :)

Mr40Hands 5

I don't think you really deserve it, you were just bing nice and accidentally made a mistake; not a huge deal. Though, I guess dearh is a very serious matter >_>

bargarlm 2

That's depressing :| have her get the large one to symbolize how much longer you think she has till she dies....? idk

yoursucklives 36

i think everyone would have assumed that she was joking.

Not me. I would have made sure she died. *eye twitches creepily*

This is why you don't use a death note for an essay. My sister learned that the hard way.

I would've laughed. That's so awkward!

daydreamer244 13

Old ladies....gotta love em.

Thats rude to make such an awkward situation, she's old and near her death but that doesnt mean she should do that.

When I was younger I tried selling cookies to an elderly woman... She said "I don't have many years left to enjoy these cookies" then shut the door.

26- I was in the same boat! Except the old lady I spoke to replied "You're no ******* girl scout!" Bitch, you don't know that! I could just be really ******* butch!

29- she was bitter. Se was serious about the whole situation, what sense of hummor is that?

53 - Or as many other people have said, she's realistic. I won't live to see pirates riding unicorns, but I'm not bitter about it. I just accept it for the truth and fact that it is.

perdix 29

Old people have a sense of humor about their imminent demise. You should have laughed and added, "I guess you shouldn't buy green bananas!" Then, ask her to leave you something in her will.

Yes. This is the proper course of action. Follow it exactly op.

Nice one #8, almost died laughing on the banana joke. Oh well, I guess studying makes me simple minded...

hahaha my mom used to use that line about buying green bananas when she hit her 60s. :-) Pity she's not here any more.

Well if she goes around talking about dieing all the time then she probably is used to diffrent reactions. I'm sure she wont spend much time being offendend if she is planning on dieing soon.