By dentistftw - 08/08/2009 04:06 - United States

Today, it's my 22nd birthday. The only person who remembered was the dentist who sent me a postcard in the mail. I stopped going to him four years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 973
You deserved it 2 896

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, it's my birthday. I have gotten three calls all day. The first one was my fiancee, saying he wanted his ring back. The second one was my best friend, confessing to me that she had been sleeping with my fiancee for the past three months. The third was the dentist's office singing me a happy birthday. FML Maybe you went to the same dentist? xD Strangely ironic :)

Comments

Today, it's my birthday. I have gotten three calls all day. The first one was my fiancee, saying he wanted his ring back. The second one was my best friend, confessing to me that she had been sleeping with my fiancee for the past three months. The third was the dentist's office singing me a happy birthday. FML Maybe you went to the same dentist? xD Strangely ironic :)

YDI for flying your magic carpet over san fransisco.

unkinged44 0

Or maybe they never told anybody else their birthdays?

Misosoup 0
Kurg 0

1, that FML you just said has already been posted here.

@85 you are an idiot, that is why 1 posted that comment, because a similar story had already been posted

i don't get all those "nobody remembered my birthday"-FMLs. how many loners/persons with shitty friends/relatives can there be?

right? that's so weird. especially at the age of 22 - everyone has some family, friends, workmates, friends from university... I mean, I understand that there are people who have shitty families and loners with few friends, but at least someone should remember. especially in times of facebook. It would also suck if you don't have any close friends that remember your birthday, but how is it even possible that noone remembers?

beanietot 0

More than you think. Especially at that age. Friends grow up, move away, get married, too busy with work and their lives to remember you. Lots of people have no family either, shit happens. That really sucks though. Just gotta get out there and make some new/better friends or contact the old ones.

I always wonder, with the people who always have people forget their birthdays... What's stopping them from planning their own party or get together? Are you all just waiting for a surprise birthday party or something? OP, it's your 22nd birthday. Go. Have. Fun.

Doing some sort of activity for yourself just to have fun would be great, and that's what people should do on such a day. Planning your own birthday party screams "attention *****" to me.

lazylacey 0

Are you going to start seeing that dentist again then?

yeah probably the dentist is having a crush on you. If he is young and hot why not date him??

FML_Add1cT 0

It's really not that easy. Not everyone is an extrovert.

beanietot 0

LOL true Some of these kids have no idea..

you'd think your parents would remember, as for the dentist, your on a mailing list in the computer automatically kicking out your name for a card