By Anonymous - 10/01/2011 07:09 - United States

Today, trying to be cute, my boyfriend threw a snowball at me. This would have been fine had it not been hard enough to break my glasses. As a college student, I have to choose between eating for the next two weeks or replacing them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 946
You deserved it 2 981

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lilwhtboybrandon 0

I'm sure he wouldn't mind at least helping you pay to replace them. Otherwise, just eat all his food. :)

Comments

go to zennioptical.com there are glasses there for about 12 dollars

hpfan777 0

Yeah, those are probably frames for 12. she needs lenses, which cost sooo much more.

Eyebuydirect.com.. frames, lenses, tax and shipping totaled $30 for me. :]

Hpfan- the price at zenni includes lenses. Shipping is $5 no matter how many pairs you order.

One of my jobs is an Optician. Now for a quick fix online ordering is a very good idea if you can live for a few days without them. The fastest option would be a Lenscrafters/Eyemart/etc. that could get your glasses done in an hour or so, but for a little bit more money. However, keep in mind that the quality from all of those places (especially the online stores) is going to be utter shit. I help run an independent optical store and you have no idea how many people come in with these things and ask for repairs or fittings. It's a quick, but CHEAP fix. I'd say, buy a pair for now, so you can see and eat (btw...you do realize like Doc said, $10-30 is really all it will cost you for glasses online and you then you could spend a measly $10 and have food for 2 weeks easy; $20-40 done deal...I think you have that), but I think the perp should still buy them for you. Even after you buy a cheap set, do yourself a favor and buy a nice pair, it makes a world of difference and is well worth the cost (plus the store you always annoy for fittings/repairs won't be annoyed with you for using them anymore for a product you go elsewhere).

My pair from eyebuydirect is excellent. In fact, it's much better than the glasses I use to get from my obstetrician which cost me upwards of $100. The glasses from my obstetrician were utter shit. The anti-glare on them chipped so badly they were unusable, not to mention the glasses at the obstetrician were ALWAYS crooked and the assistants were nasty when I asked them to fix them. [This is when I bought from them every year!] Not only am I NEVER getting anti-glare again, but I swear by eyebuydirect.

That would likely be your optometrist. Obstetricians do not deal with the eyes... at all.

You're right. I misspoke. My bad. :]

Well, OP, thats what you get for having a boyfriend who would hit you in the face with hard ball thinking it was cute.

it's hard to tell if a snowball is hard or soft cuzyou can scoop up ice by accident

FYLDeep 25

It's all been said already. Make him feed you and have him pay for those glasses. If he won't do that, then you shouldn't be with him anyway.

he broke it then he will pay for it or dump his ass !!

You have 3 options: Make him pay for tem Eat at is house for the next two weeks Or get contacts witch or usually cheaper

don't most colleges have a mandatory meal plan now? I guess yours doesn't sucks for you

I have a simpler solution: make your trying-to-be-cute-boyfriend pay for them, since he broke them :P

Mitz_fml 4

No big deal. Go to ZenniOptical.com. Glasses start at $10 with lenses. You can eat AND have glasses! And no, I don't work there, I'm just a cheapskate.

perdix 29

Zenni's pretty good, but I found them kind of slow. For speed, I prefer EyeBuyDirect.com. For both, I go through GlassyEyes.com to get discounts. I used to think glasses were expensive until I started shopping online. Now that Mitz and I have shown you how to get cheap glasses, get your stupid ******** of boyfriend to buy them for you.

sourgirl101 28

Thank you for the tips. My daughter just broke her eye glasses.

SG- zenni is great. I ordered 2 pairs, and shipping took exactly 2 weeks. The glasses are perfect, just as advertised. I would highly recommend them if you can wait the 2 weeks.

sourgirl101 28

Thanks, Doc. Her vision is not bad at all. I was going to wait for LensCrafters to have their $99. sale again. That's where I got her prescription. I'll definitely order them from Zenni's. It never crossed my mind to order it on line. (: