By happysingleone - 20/12/2016 07:37

Today, the last of my college friends is getting married and now I'm the last single one. Don't worry though, if one ever gets a divorce we can hang out again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 895
You deserved it 1 104

Same thing different taste

Top comments

neuronerd 28

Have they actually told you that, or said they only want to hang out with married couples? Several of my friends are married, and we still hang out regularly.

Lolarose94 2

Marriage won't stop them from hanging out with you, if they really cared !!!

Comments

Why would you assume that they won't hang out with you? Or that you won't get married and hang out as couples? Or that you can't make new friends after college? Sorry you feel bad, OP, but this is not an FML, this is a normal part of a (good) life.

Ahah, that's totally my life now... It's true it's kinda depressing. I got a dog to wait until the divorces start! ^^

If marriage keeps people from being your friend, they aren't really your friend to start with. Effort and compromise is what keeps relationships of any kind alive and well.

They aren't real friends, then. If someone abandons you simply because their life changed and your didn't, and just so they can focus on other friends who are marriage for social gatherings, they are straight up trash and a false fake friend. Yes, I have had this happen after highschool, but even if I didn't, I would have the same opinion. I can't stand assholes. (Yeah that term is subjective but only speaking for myself here) There's no excuse that you can't have a marriage, even a baby, as well as some kind of social life even if it's once a week.

Story of my life. I'm trying to get involved with Meet Up so I can make new friends. Or I go it alone.

Those aren't real friends. Real friends put you before some random guy. Friendships should be your number 1 priority

To be fair, if they're married then chances are they're not just "random" guys. I agree friendship is a priority, but I'm sure their husbands are also their friend (and therefore also a priority). Imo it's all about balancing your time.

Why can't you hang out if they're getting married? Clearly you've stayed friends with them through the rest of the relationship, I don't think a piece of paper is really going to change anything.

Why do people assume they cannot hang out after a friend gets married? Is there some unwritten rule I am unaware of? I'm married and all of my friends are single. They come over and hang out with me no problem. I go and hang out with them no problem. My wife is completely content if she is or is not included in any hangout plans. We may be married but we're not attached at the hip or anything. She has her friends and I have mine and we are happy. If I want to go to a friends house, I tell my wife "Hey, going to Steve's place for a while. Maybe play some games or something." and her response is "Drive safe." Is this not proper?

mermaidgirle 12

I really wish people would stop seeing themselves as less than because they are the single one.