By Passtheicecream - 25/01/2017 22:00

Today, I found out that the last of my super feminist "I'm never getting tied to a man" college friends got engaged. Apparently, I should have tried that tactic, as my current partner in life is my goldfish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 459
You deserved it 616

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If that's what you think feminism is about, damn.

strangelightning 15

I think femism is the most misunderstood term in the world. What part of "equality for all genders" is so hard to understand?

Comments

If that's what you think feminism is about, damn.

shepardkinz 19

Love is powerful. You should be happy for them.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
strangelightning 15

I think femism is the most misunderstood term in the world. What part of "equality for all genders" is so hard to understand?

It's hard to understand the part where a term meaning equality has only one gender represented in its name.

Can't get mad at feminism being called feminism when the entirety of humanity is called mankind.

why shouldn't feminism be named after women? we're the gender that doesn't have equality, not men, so why shouldn't we highlight that with the term 'feminism'??

Well, when Feminazis scream for a genocide and call them feminists, people tend to think feminism is all about anti-men.

Well when the most loud and active members are more sexist than what they claim to stand against, it's hard to see the true motivation behind the movement.

lone_fenrir_1 1

Its because of the nutjobs who think their plans are better

qwertycode 19

Gonna get downvoted for this but I need to say my share because for some reason feminism is now getting confused with egalitiarianism. Feminism does not mean equality for all. Feminism is fighting for women to be equal to men, in the assumed pretense that society favors men. That can't apply to men. Men are already equal to men.

Well actually the definition of feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of equality, hence why the word relates to women. It is a PART of gender equality as a whole.

Equally for BOTH genders, since there's only two.

Mathias1188 7

that is what it originally stood for. like blm, it has become twisted into something opposite of it's original purpose. feminism is no longer about equality, but about hating men

It's ok, goldfish are low maintenance and you get to do what you want, when you want. Put yourself out there in the right places and Mr Right will show up eventually.

oj101 33

Just do whatever makes you happy. Don't deny yourself what you want just because you want to conform to a certain ideology or persona.

YDI, you seem to be a bit misinformed about what feminism is

What the hell is wrong with finding a life partner?

player69badboy 0

Damn we need to bring dick back into femos worlds