By Sanchez - 07/01/2010 17:22 - United States

Spicy
Today, the doctor told me that I have Vasovagal Syncope: I pass out every time I get aroused. Bye bye sex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 521
You deserved it 2 803

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that I terrible!! **** your life indeed!!

xo_candy 0

Don't they have medicine for that? fyl

Comments

I have vaso vagal syncope too - a really bad variant of it, one that will stop my heart completely and so means I had to get a pacemaker. Even with the pacemaker, I was still prone to life threatening drops in blood pressure, a couple of which happened 'in the heat of the moment'. The answer in my case turned out to be a skin patch usually used to treat motion sickness or post-operative nausea. It's called 'transdermal scopolamine' and it works by partially paralyzing the vagal nerve. Since in my case my vagal nerve is prone to over stimulation, the scopolamine works great. I wear half of a 1.5mg patch, which I replace every three days. I have one side effect from the medicine - blurred vision, which is fixed with reading glasses. That's a trade off I'm happy to make since I no longer pass out (or nearly pass out) every time my pulse becomes elevated. There are other drug out there too - some that will slow down your body's elimination of water (to keep your fluid volume and blood pressure from falling, some that just raise blood pressure and anti-depressants that reduce the sensitivity of the vagal nerve. I tried them all; only scopolamine worked. The others didn't solve the problem and had unpleasant side effects. Find yourself a top-notch electrophysiologist and see what they can do to help. Best of luck.

iarediana 0

I could make a date rape joke... but that would be douchey

bluedevil09 0

damn thats a real fml.....like my brother and sister would say "sucks to be you"

Wow that is the worst thing that can happen to you.

True, but he said whenever he gets aroused. Surely foreplay with a girl would get him aroused, especially if it including pleasuring her.

Bucinka 5

Dude, there is treatment for what you have. Find a doctor that knows what to prescribe, and brush up on your oral sex skills in the meantime: not all sex requires you to have an erection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_syncope

therealdavid 0

makes it more fun for him. also say buy to ****, sexual movies and masterbating! :)