By Distraught - 01/03/2011 21:08 - Reserved

Today, the day before I was going to move in with my army fiancé, he was told he would be deployed very soon. I can't pay for the apartment without him, and now have to move back in with my parents until he returns from active duty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 067
You deserved it 6 650

Same thing different taste

Top comments

a_girl_i_know 0

when you're an "army wife," minor/major setbacks is what you will have to deal with. It wont be easy.

fromthesuck 8

oh so my job is to get shot? i hope you're not american cause i'd hate to think it's my job to get shot for you

Comments

yanksby7 6

His paychecks should still be direct deposited into his bank account. Have him leave you postdated, signed checks and you'll be able to pay the rent. Also, he'll be getting hazard pay if he's in a combat zone so there should be more than enough to cover costs while he's gone. On a semi-related note, enlistment pay is pretty crappy so you may want to pick up a job yourself.

You military assholes and your bitchy wives need to get over yourselves. Number one: FML is not actually about things that really **** up your life. It wouldn't be funny if it was. It's about the little things that make life harder or less pleasant, which this most certainly qualifies as. Number two: She's not selfish for wanting to live on her own, with her husband-to-be; this is a dual FML. Not only is she not getting the apartment and having to move back in with her parents, it's BECAUSE he's getting deployed, which sucks for her in myriad ways. Number three: Who the **** ever said she didn't have a job, you asses? She just said she can't afford the apartment on her own. Guess what? I have a job, but in this economy, I sure as shit can't afford an apartment on my own either. I'm lucky if I make $700 a month, and the cheapest apartments around here are about $550 a month... leaving me with just $150 for utilities, food, and transportation to and from work. Life is hard. She is not happy about that. It's understandable. If you don't see how this is reasonable, please remove yourself from the rest of the human population somehow, because you assholes just make life even harder for the rest of us. In short: if you're military, or a military wife, and you think that gives you a free pass to be a stuck-up cuntbag, please GTFO. All other military personnel, thank you for your hard work and humbleness. You are truly the people who make our country great, and it's a shame that so many assholes work alongside you and tarnish your reputation by association.

shouldn't he tell u this at least a few days b4 being deployed? but that sucks to hear

marks06 0

Usmc baby! Oorah sucks for you though fyl

countryboyj17 0
usmcFML4life 0

Your first mistake was marrying into the army, shouldve gotten with a marine. FYL

Gotta tell you, I'm married to an Army guy and these sort of setbacks and plan changes are going to become a part of your every day life. Get used to it.

That's why you marry him before he leaves. Go to the court house and get it on paper. Then when he gets back, have your big cermony. seriously yall would be making double being married and him deployed. youre so dumb, fo real ;) but seriously though, the military life is awesome!!

lordcaliburx 0

as i am sure no one cares I am going to toss my two cents in. I am infantry and it is still not my job to be shot. my job is to give the enemy ever chance I can for him to die for his country. among other things I know the top of that list is how to kill. I should say defend but I won't. I have / will kill any enemy of my country both foreign and domestic. I have / will kill any one that tries to harm my self, my battle buddy or my equipment. I have / will destroy any and every thing that is in my way to my objective. say what you want because civilians options on what we do equals less then shit. we will do what ever it takes to come home to our family and I for one have zero regrets on what I did. some one needs to be the guardian while you sleep. so your welcome.