By Distraught - 01/03/2011 21:08 - Reserved

Today, the day before I was going to move in with my army fiancé, he was told he would be deployed very soon. I can't pay for the apartment without him, and now have to move back in with my parents until he returns from active duty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 067
You deserved it 6 650

Same thing different taste

Top comments

a_girl_i_know 0

when you're an "army wife," minor/major setbacks is what you will have to deal with. It wont be easy.

fromthesuck 8

oh so my job is to get shot? i hope you're not american cause i'd hate to think it's my job to get shot for you

Comments

pulsating_rod 0

A lot of people on here are stupid. Getting married for the money is not the right reason. Do it when your ready. He probably does care about you or he wouldn't have proposed and he's just distracted by the deployment and of course you don't want to bring it up because you don't want to seem shallow, but what kind of relationship is it anyways if you can't be honest with him about your living situation.

jenn143c 0

im a army wife, we r still civilians, our husbands are serving not us!!!

they are not civilians u are wrong they are apart of the person fighting over there they are in the army right along side their spouse

ellaxbby 0

well being a army wife, theres gonna be tough times, and you shouldnt be upset, this is not an fml at all, you should know what your getting yourself into and understand its his job and instead of being upset that you have to move home for a while just focus on being supportive of him!

Oh boofuckinghoo you have to live with your parents while your fiancé goes back to WAR. Poor you. Selfish bitch.

wow and he can't just send u the money cause that's usually what goes down when a soildeirs overeas he can just send money to you so u can pay for the rent and do u have a problem with ur parents or something cause if ur getting married then shouldn't u be mature enoughf to deal with your parents and Srry about ur fiancé going overseas

SLP9008 0

lmao. Agreed. I'm an Army Fiancé and I'm pretty sure I'm still a civilian. Fail. Plus OP apparently he doesn't care too much or he'd have the money deposited into your account or split it half and half. he's allowed to split his paycheck and put it where ever he wants it. If he wanted an apartment with you he'd do that.

bearmichaela 0

ppl have already told you to get used to your man being away. I was in the army and it's part of the job. another part of the job is getting used to ass hole civilians. They like to talk shit about the military and don't even realize that without that same military they wouldn't be free to talk shit at all. Still we defend their freedoms, their homeland, their families, only to be ridiculed for the sacrifices we and our families make. If you're a civilian reading this and want to say something "you're no different than me" don't bother. I never expected for you to understand. Tell your man thanks for me and good luck with the parents.

Get married asap, you get more money. It may seem unromantic but it's absolutely worth it. In fact, they'll provide money for his family's living expenses if you get a place. He can keep his apartment, with you in it, while he's overseas all on the government's dime.