By Distraught - 01/03/2011 21:08 - Reserved

Today, the day before I was going to move in with my army fiancé, he was told he would be deployed very soon. I can't pay for the apartment without him, and now have to move back in with my parents until he returns from active duty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 067
You deserved it 6 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

a_girl_i_know 0

when you're an "army wife," minor/major setbacks is what you will have to deal with. It wont be easy.

fromthesuck 8

oh so my job is to get shot? i hope you're not american cause i'd hate to think it's my job to get shot for you

Comments

SCOTTY_DAY 0

you're complaining about having to deal with money while he has to go off and risk his life... sounds like someone is being a little selfish.

dmndrby789 0

That's exactly what I thought. She's seems more concerned about her home situation than her fiancé's deployment.

I'd rather pretend nothing bad is going to happen and complain about something trivial (well, not exactly trivial, but not extremely terrible either) to make myself forget than be thinking about possibly losing my fiancee. Though, you do have a point, if she does indeed only care about that.

accursedangel201 0
fromthesuck 8

seems op have a very romantic veiw of military spouse. hate to tell you but especially for army fiance this much more then common it's expected. even the actual spouses can have a very hard time. it's just part of the gig.

Betty__White 0

well then be smart people and have him get b.a.h. it stands for basic allowance for housing the army will pay the rent or a portion based on you location it's $875 a month where I'm from

fromthesuck 8

it's easier to do if you under housing contract already prior to military contract. but unless you are married you are supposed to be living within government quarters so trying to get that without actually being married gets much harder

Tattooedchick 0

he should make enough money while deployed to pay for the apt. and how about you get a job too and help pay for it?

fromthesuck 8

it's easier to do if you under housing contract already prior to military contract. but unless you are married you are supposed to be living within government quarters so trying to get that without actually being married gets much harder

Buck up, it's probably a good choice not to use up his paycheck for you to live alone while he's deployed, and it sounds like living with your folks is not a change so it can't be so bad. As for his being deployed being a bad thing, it's a fact of life in the military whether he's being deployed to a war zone or another active duty station. If you can be supportive, thank you; if you cannot, free him to find someone who can.

oh boo ******* who for you! he's fighting for our country and you're complaining cuz you have to move back in with your parents till he gets back. get over it bitch.

fromthesuck 8

hey i do the same and i say there is no reason to bad mouth like that. there are so many stresses built up on one another that alot of the time those stresses can be vented out one pocket at a time. i do the same as him and i'm not offened. no reason for you to be

OP, he will return from active duty? Is he in the reserves? Just checking. Anyhow, if he signs the contract with you, he will be liable for the lease. Trust me when I say this, you won't "have" to move in with your parents. Ok, so he's not going to be rich, but his finances will be enough to live fairly decent...plus per diem while deployed, and if you two get married, family sep. As others have commented, if you are too immature to handle this situation, then don't get married...it will only end in disaster (usually).

fromthesuck 8

nothing to do with maturity. but i agree do not persue if it's not for you. it'll be worse for everyone in the end

celticmarine2005 2

Even if he signed the lease, being recalled to active duty allows him to be released from the contract. Soldiers and Sailors Act. And there is no big deal in living at home while your fiance is deployed. I got married in October and my husband deployed end of November for over a year. I moved back with my dad to save money while he is gone.

cheex87 0

as a military wife myself I can tell you that this kind of stuff happens more often than you think. you're not alone, so stay strong and stay proud. He'll be back before you know it.

you must have known this was a possibility being that ITS HIS JOB !!! either find a cheaper place to live or suck it up with your parents and wait for him to come home.

Wow your really complaining that you can't move out when your fiancé is deploying!!! I am a military wife and that makes me sick! Your concern should be his safety not your urge to get away from your parents. Plus this is something you should have thought about when you made the choice to move out. Grow up before you get married or you will never make it as a military wife!!!!

Dude really, just because you're a military wife doesn't mean anything. I mean seriously it is already bad enough that her husband-to-be is getting deployed, now she has to move back with her parents until he gets back. I understand that it's sad to have someone special deployed, but she wants her own now. She wants to be have a house to herself without depending on her parents. Is that so freaking bad? Yeah, he is in the military and might get killed, however he chosen to do that not her. And if she wnas to have a home to herself and for her future husband to get back then so be it. She is has the right to say what her problems are and shouldn't be judged by ignorent people .

dmndrby789 0

Yes it was his choice to join the army but it was her choice to agree to marry an army man!! While no one is really completely selfless and I'm not against her having a complaint, it's the fact that she posted this on a site to gain sympathy for herself that makes her seem selfish.