By AmberKCole - 08/07/2009 18:45 - United States

Today, the car in front of me was going slow and I flashed my lights and honked. I floored it and passed the car, flipping off the driver. Just as I went around the next corner I got pulled over by a motorcycle cop. A few seconds later, the guy I flipped off drove by honked and waved. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 545
You deserved it 100 521

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Someone_somewere 7

hahahahahahaha that's what you get YDI

Eternity_fml 0

Comments

skullbuster 0

OP, I just wanted to make sure that you understand that you are the asshole in this story. That seems to be lost on many of the posters who submit their FMLs. Drive safely and stop being a prick!

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

This is why you think before you act. A whole new concept for you, ehh? (:

Colby_Colbert 0

you dumbass, show the cop your beaver to get outta the ticket

gqduck 0

Way to take it for the team. And by team, I mean all of the rude, inconsiderate, and dangerous drivers on the road. You were being an idiot and you got nailed for it.

Like nobody commententing ever got a ticket for speeding?

I never have either :) I hate Speeders. I hate creepers (people who sit a few km/miles above the speed limit and think it's ok). People who speed put everyone else on the road in danger, not just themselves.

yes, by going 48 in a 45 mph zone you are putting everyone at so much risk. get over yourself.

If you creep over the speed limit even if it is 48 in a 45 mph zone: * There is less time to avoid an impending crash. - in an accident where you may have just knocked someone over, you could kill them because your stopping distance is extended. * You will need a greater distance to stop the vehicle in order to avoid a crash. * You increase your chances of being involved in a crash If you are Creeping and involved in a road crash: * You can seriously injury or possibly kill yourself or others involved in a road crash. * Your body is subjected to greater physical force that will cause severe injury or possibly death. * You may have to live with lifelong injuries. * The protection that seatbelts and airbags are designed to provide is reduced. Pedestrians and bicyclists will almost certainly be severely injured if struck by a vehicle creeping over the speed limit.

Do you know anything of physics? 3 mph over any speed does not drastically increase stopping distance. If anything its increased by a couple inches. You have the same risk of being involved in an accident at any speed, though you do increase the chances of it being fatal. Accidents are caused by lack of driver awareness. If a pedestrian or cyclist gets hit while their in the road its their own damn fault for being in the road in the first place. Never assume that the driver of the vehicle sees you. Car vs. human, car always wins. I'm assuming, of course, the absence of a bike path or side walk for cyclist and that there is no crosswalk system for pedestrians. I hate pedestrians that take their own sweet time to walk across the street and expect you to stop. F-THAT! No crosswalk means I could run your ass down and say you just jumped out in the way.

The speed limits were defined when cars were 4,500 lb steel death traps. Today's cars are much more capable, but the speed limits have not risen to reflect that. IMO, its because the speed limits are revenue generators. The speed limit on the perimeter in Atlanta is 55 mph. If you are going 55, YOU are the one going to cause a crash. Everyone safely does 70-80 mph and things go smoothly. Its when you get the asshole in the second to left lane going 55mph that things get out of control. Slower traffic keep right!

I hate that driver. And they always seem to be on the phone or some old person lol Atlanta traffic sucks assballs.

More often than not, driving steadily slightly above or below the speed limit is the result of the driver having an inaccurate speedometer. In fact, most speedometers are not perfectly accurate, and most drivers cannot tell the difference.

People need to get over the idea that speeding causes accidents. Driving without due care causes accidents, as does speed inappropriate to the road conditions and/or ability of the vehicle. Over here the speed limit on rural single carriageway roads is 60mph. Most of the time, it isn't safe or practical to even approach that speed on those roads, but if I were to have an accident doing 55, they wouldn't attribute it to speeding. Now consider that on 6 lane motorways, the speed limit is 70. I could be doing 75 at 2am with no other vehicle in sight, and by your reckoning be driving dangerously. It makes no sense.

Simplesimon, you sir.......are full of WIN.

xluckyatcardsx 0

#76, if a pedestrian or biker gets hit by a car at a speed equal or greater to 40mph, they're screwed anyway. At that point I'm not sure the 3mph difference you talked about is really going to matter if the accident occurs in a 45mph zone. 45mph in a lower speed zone though is a completely different story.

instant karma dude. it's a killer every time

Caayouteepie 0
rapemegently 0

women don't need to drive... there isn't a road between the bedroom and kitchen.

sure we do, we need to get to the supermarket. duhh. XD

#53 - You win the best comment of the year award :-D OP - Unless this guy was in the fast lane you were definitely the asshole here. My philosophy on the road is: I'll let you drive how you want to as long as you let me drive how I want to. If I'm going faster than traffic around me, I'm closer to the fast lane. If I'm going slower, I'm in the slow lane. If you tailgate me to try to change my driving habits, I slow down (to "give you more time to react" at that distance of course :-D)

Josh129 0

This would have never happened if you had a car, there for every one should go out and shoot some one and well sonner or later find Osama Bin Laden.

alex_vik 0

And they say men are the more aggressive drivers...