By stupid_airbag - 13/08/2012 08:06 - Australia

Today, the air bag system in my car somehow malfunctioned, and the air bag inflated while I was driving, causing me to lose control and crash into a street light. I ended up with a badly bruised face because the air bag had already deflated by then. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 927
You deserved it 1 761

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Now here comes all the comments about how OP has to sue

reallytho3 11

This is a justified lawsuit though.

Comments

very ironic.. at least you get millions from the car company

I'm curious to know what the make and model is.

PseudoLink 1

Good thing I sit back enough in my seat that the air bag wouldn't hit me in the face right away.

So instead of relaxing in pain you pick up your device and write this story on fml!??

I've been in a few accidents. There was one where i should've died, regardless of the fact that i was wearing my seatbelt. That car had no air bags being an 87 buick century, but the van i got into an accident with did. And i know for a fact that if you are wearing your seatbelt, you won't hit the stearing wheel even if an airbag accidentally deployed and deflated before you hit something. So either you were not wearing your seatbelt (in which case, ydi) or the seatbelt failed as well (and as such, fyl and you should definitely sue). But i find it VERY hard to believe both failed at the same time. So i have to say ydi. Sorry about your car though, and i hope you recover fast.

Respectfully, my good fellow, that is a load of HORSE SHIT. You CAN smash your face into the steering wheel during a collision, even if you're wearing your seatbelt. My brother has a great scar from where that happened to him in an accident, and yes, he was wearing his damn seatbelt - as affirmed by the emergency response crew who had to cut him out of the car afterwards. You know it for a fact, huh? Guess what I "know for a fact"? You're a twat!

TcheQ 12

Don't worry, a level-headed lawsuit will ease the pain.

Shit doesn't happen. The car won't let it

Whelp, not to be a total prick or anything, but at least the air bag deployed lol