By Anonymous - 13/07/2016 15:21 - United States - Dunkirk

Today, thanks to puberty, I have an acne rash around my mouth. Rumors are already flying around school saying I have herpes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 690
You deserved it 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

superapple 23

Don't worry. It'll get better. Also, the herpes you get on your face isn't the same virus as the one you get down there - so no worries!

Children can be cruel... Keep your head up OP! I'm sure everything will clear up with them, and your mouth in no time!

Comments

That really sucks! Hopefully it will get better and the kids at your school will forget all about it!

That happened to me in highschool...ended out switching schools...course that does means everyone thinks you're getting action...so...silver lining for ya...

Been there, done that... It'll clear up soon enough, sweetie

I have not tried it, but heard the gel in Advil liquigel capsules will clear acne quickly

Also read somewhere that if you rub Vodka on your face occasionally it will tighten the pores, reducing the chances of acne.

You don't need to get laid to get oral herpes. Drinking from the same glass as someone who has it is enough to get the virus.

Tell them that if they don't STFU you'll pop a pimple in their face. Best defense mechanism

Technically that is a form of herpes

no, what OP is experiencing is technically acne.

please please please buy or get your parents to buy a bottle of Obagi Clenziderm Therapeutic Lotion. (that or benzaclin, which you need a prescription for and unless you have insurance it's sky-high) Benzoyl peroxide, found in many acne products, kills the p. acnes bacteria but it is drying and the molecules are too big to get deeply into the pore. The bp in the Obagi lotion has been micronized so it is able to get all the way in and kill everything. It's about $70 but it lasts forever. Do NOT dry out your skin thinking it will dry the acne up, that will just trigger your skin to produce more oil to combat the dryness. Wash with dove no more than 2x a day and moisturize with cetaphil. It will be ok.

as for the rumors, just be like "sorry guys, I know it's disappointing but it's not a gross cold sore it's just gross acne."