By quiet_screaming_ - 01/07/2015 02:21 - Canada - Vancouver

Today, I learned I don't have a yeast infection. I have herpes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 086
You deserved it 8 814

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A07 48

You need to have a chat with your partner because you don't just wake up with herpes.

A07 48

What's the difference between Love and Herpes? Herpes lasts forever.

Comments

The herpes spontaneously manifested itself itself, obviously.

xXShadowStormXx 12

By eating a sandwhich, how the **** do you think?

Here's to staying positive and testing negative.

91hayek 31

I lament the state of education on herpes; that people think it can be exclusively contracted by sexual contact. I merely want more information. Read this FML (21181955) and its informative comments. What was I expecting of a generation raised on test packets, **** and alarmist news? Step up, people.

#21 You obviously don't have any way of detecting sarcasm as it was all over the replies to your initial comment. I'm pretty sure most of us on here know what herpes is and how its transmitted. If you don't then you probably shouldn't be on this site.

The sarcasm in the replies were because people were assuming that OP got herpes from sex, which would back up #21, who stated that it is a sad day that these people don't know the different ways to get herpes.

I'm sorry you have to go through that. Make sure to tell your last partner to get tested though!

A07 48

You need to have a chat with your partner because you don't just wake up with herpes.

bad_boyfriend 10

You can contract herpes and not show symptoms for years

The same person can't have both top comments! You're cheating!

Does the herpes some how keep you in an eternal state of sleeping?

Erm, yes you do. Maybe next time look things up when you don't understand it.

#29 i would never have sex with another person unless they get themselves tested...I've seen quite a few stories of these situations, i dont want to end up in one of them

68: that's wishful thinking. If you can make every potential partner wait and go get tested that's awesome. But most people (hence most) will just wrap it up and have fun. Condoms aren't 100%, I know, but if they don't have an active breakout and you use one properly, you're pretty safe.

#68 Testing for herpes is not straight forward and also not part of a standard STD test. The blood test will show if you have HSV 1 or HSV 2, but it will not tell you where it is. HSV 2 used to predominantly be genital, but people also have oral HSV 2. It used to be that HSV 1 was oral herpes, now up to 40% of genital herpes is HSV 1. To be 100% safe you would only be able to sleep with people who have neither HSV 1 or HSV 2. That means you can only sleep with less than 10% (5% in some countries) of the worlds population. You are knocking out a lot of very nice people for a very mild illness in the majority of cases. It also means you cannot kiss anyone unless they have tested negative for both, providing you yourself are negative for both at the moment. Many people are infected as children being kissed by relatives. The social stigma of genital herpes is far worse than the disease itself. But you should get tested for STDs and always be careful.

You can't shake the herp. It's the gift that keeps on giving .

A07 48

What's the difference between Love and Herpes? Herpes lasts forever.

You have both top comments! Respect bro!

One lasts forever the other ended when the op found out they were infected with it

Your user name. That's probably how I'd handle that situation too.

adamg214 7

Can you teach me how to speak Negro?

cookiethumper 23

Cover your stump before you hump

countryb_cth 38

Cloak the joker before you poke her

suit up the boner before you bone her. sorry just had to add to that. also wanted to acknowledge that op is female, so I guess we're actually talking to dude who didn't strap jimmy on. Shame on you dude

#24 How do you know OP is female? They don't say and men can get thrush (yeast infection) as well. Thrush on the glans can look a lot like herpes.

Frankly it's not just the mans job to be making sure things are safe anyway. It takes 2 to tango so in my opinion both should be responsible if it wasn't

Nini01_fml 9

remember my friend, "no glovey, no lovey!"

bad_boyfriend 10

You can get herpes while using a condom

Nice, totally was all OP's fault, there's no chance a previous partner was an asshole