By happyturtle - 10/10/2013 11:27 - Croatia

Today, someone stole my umbrella. It was pouring heavily, and I was using it at the time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 383
You deserved it 3 322

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mif_fml 27

How do you know it's raining cats and dogs? When you step in a poodle!

SauceySarah 30

I would've ran after them and kicked some ass.

Comments

chibichan21 6

Wasn't pouring too heavily if you were holding it that loosely...

One: in heavy rain, you don't have to hold an umbrella forcefully. Two: even if the umbrella was held within a tight grasp, it doesn't mean that a very determined individual couldn't snatch it. Three: I don't know, things usually sound better in threes...

what the actual ****? now who would do this? voldemort, maybe

You mentioned Voldemort twice. I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain your 'inside joke'?

39- Elementary, my dear Penguin. Upon witnessing your confusion, I took it upon myself to look deeper into the manner! ....I creeped her profile page. Go figure. :p First thing she says that she Absolutely Loves, is the boy that lived. So my guess is she's going to insert that square peg Potter into every round hole conversation that comes along on FML.... And really, who's a bigger "round hole" than snake face himself? ;P

Ali_Br_fml 33

For those of you who have never read/heard of Harry Potter, Voldemort is the villain in the Harry Potter books/movies. So every evil person is Voldemort to #30... (Yes, there are people who have never heard of The Boy Who Lived and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named...I'm not sure it's as popular in Switzerland, or with the older generation... (39 is from Switzerland, so that's why I assumed that about Switzerland.) )

"Rain, rain on my face It hasn't stopped raining for days My world is a flood Slowly I become one with the mud"

And you let them take it from you?! As soon as they reach for it you should've kicked the crap out of them.

RedPillSucks 31

I imagine she was caught by surprise. Also, people keep talking about betting the crap out of XYZ, but most people here wouldn't know what to do when confronted with some big bad dude who wants your [insert stuff here].

Fair point, most wouldn't. Society is peaceful for the most part but people should at least know how to defend themselves imo.

There's a difference between letting them take it and being caught off guard by theft. Just saying.

How low lifed can you be to possible feel the need to steal an umbrella?

rlTlk 13

Good! You don't need an umbrella, grow some balls! Wait wait sorry that's just the Oregonian in me. Where the only times umbrellas are out is when it gets too sunny... FYL. BTW any umbrella I've ever seen breaks like nothing. Those little metal arms don't do much good past holding the weight of the material. how did snatching it from you not break it?...