By masterdisaster - 11/04/2009 04:07 - United States

Today, one of our regular customers came in and was telling me he bought an assault rifle. I told him not to go off his meds and shoot up the store, as a joke. Later, my manager told me that the guy is on antidepressants and was discharged from the military for being "mentally unfit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 867
You deserved it 19 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How does someone who's mentally unfit get a licence to an assault rifle. I'd change jobs! He'll be baaack

Uh oh... he will now come back for sure! :-o Run! Btw, how did the customer react on your joke?

Comments

#50 "amurrica"? At least it was a fitting joke? D:

What #3 said, how was this guy able to get a gun license at all if he was discharged from the military for being mentally unfit? #45: You really scare me if you think that there's nothing wrong with this situation. There would be a lot less school shootings if people like you would wake up and smell the coffee.

a guy on antidepressants (and discharged from the military for being mentally unfit) bought an assault rifle? doubt it was in a very legal fashion. considering that, why would he tell you?

CaptainBaconMan 0

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

ihaveaidz 0

if i were you i would take the next few days off

1. You cannot purchase ANY type of firearm once you have been found to be of unsound mind. 2. You cannot purchase ANY type of firearm once you have been dishonorably discharged from any branch of the military. If this is true all you would have to do is report it. Your manager was probably just messing with you though.

t1ny 0

#56- I highly doubt it was a dishonorable discharge. Those are rather difficult to get. Being psychologically incapable of completing your duties would get you an honorable discharge. I also hope his manager was making a (very bad) joke. My bofriend suffers from PTSD (he's an Iraqi War vet) and gets incredibly embarrassed when the topic is brought up. Discussing people's mental issues with someone who has no reason to know is always something done in poor taste. Sure, he made a joke, but that's no justification to gossip about the customer's mental capabilities.

the military should issues sense of humor to all vets. that would solve so many problems!

next time you see him you should give him candy. that way when he loses it and starts shootin and sees you he'll say "thanks for the candy...."