By masterdisaster - 11/04/2009 04:07 - United States

Today, one of our regular customers came in and was telling me he bought an assault rifle. I told him not to go off his meds and shoot up the store, as a joke. Later, my manager told me that the guy is on antidepressants and was discharged from the military for being "mentally unfit." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 867
You deserved it 19 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How does someone who's mentally unfit get a licence to an assault rifle. I'd change jobs! He'll be baaack

Uh oh... he will now come back for sure! :-o Run! Btw, how did the customer react on your joke?

Comments

fundangle 0

what use does he have for an assault rifle? i can't believe we can sell this stuff.

I'm on antidepressants and was discharged from the military for the same reason. That doesn't mean I plan to shoot up a store. Not sure what the point of this FML was...no harm no foul?

and they gave him an assault rifle? you must be american...right?

Occam 0

No, being depressed doesn't mean you will shoot everyone up, but the stakes of owning a gun are so incredibly high that we just can't take the risk.

Unfortunately, the military is completely unsensitive to mental illness. Since we've been able to record history of wars, soldiers come home with what we now know as Post traumatic stress disorder, and thousands more get discharged for it. PTSD is characterized by intensely deep depression and caused by the trauma they see in war. It is no fault of their own and just because the military labels someone as "mentally unfit" it really doesn't mean much. Afterall, they name homosexuals "sexually unfit." LOL **** your life for being so stupid.

I'm going to be honest here, but you deserved that one. You don't talk about killing people as a joke, and not checking what type of meds that person was on was a pretty stupid move, too. (No offense, by the way.)

I'll be keeping an eye out for this news article. Former soldier shoots up store with assault rifle.

ohhhhshizzz 0

#13 and others:) Who said that he LEGALLY got the assult rifle, if hes crazy or "mentally unstable" he'll tell anyone, and ANYBODY can get a gun just not legally.