By GoFigure - 15/06/2016 13:33 - Germany - Berlin

Today, my wedding is scheduled for next week. Today is also the day my whole family had an epic falling out, resulting in my mother disowning my brother. Apart from having them taking turns sobbing at me through the phone, they're also not coming to the wedding. I paid the hotel rooms in advance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 666
You deserved it 1 330

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm so sorry that this happened. It's your day and you should try to enjoy it with or without them. If they can find it in themselves to handle the situation like mature adults, hopefully they'll both still come to support you.

It's your day, darling. Don't let their childish actions ruin it for you!

Comments

It seems to me that you're more angry that you wasted your money on hotel rooms rather than your family.

More like, it's a stressful time and money is only one additional worry they have created for OP. Having family act this way when you need their support is hurtful.

Whatever they're being so childish about, it shouldn't keep them from going to their close family members wedding. Unless of course one of them shot the other in both their knees, then lit them on fire... right?

It's not; it's one of many issues with this situation.

Look at it this way, it sucks that this happened but it could be worse. This could have happened AT your wedding instead of before your wedding.

I believe you have the right to tell them they are being egoistic and you still all are a family and they should get over themselves for your wedding!

is it not possible for you to get them to reconcile? maybe get them to sit and talk it out while you mediate

Make them pay you back!! That's money you lost out on because of their decision, so they should be held responsible.

LavenderCrow 12

I'm so sorry OP. I just had a courthouse wedding to avoid the drama that a wedding would have caused with my family. In the end, it's just about the person you're marrying and you! Don't let them ruin that for you. Maybe if you call the hotel and ask, you can cancel your reservations and just pay a small fine for cancelling? A week is a decent amount of time. Either way, I wish the best of luck to you.

My dad disowned me. But sometimes people are just unfit for the task.

You can always explain to the hotel of the problem. It's a week away, you should receive a refund and only be charged a cancellation fee. If it's within a few days they usually wont. If they wont, wait a day and have the rooms rescheduled to a later date, like months later. It doesn't cost you any money to change the date. Then, cancel them a week later! You'll only pay the cancellation fee! If it's not booked under a special rate for your wedding (Like you're having it at that hotel) you should be fine, and get your money back! :)