By Anonymous - 10/10/2015 06:39 - Canada - Victoria

Spicy
Today, my wedding celebration came to an awkward pause when my dad slapped my mom across the face and called her a whore after she admitted to having an affair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 156
You deserved it 1 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let's just go right ahead and get that open bar going..

Comments

Raath00 7

Well he wasn't lying... Bad timing, but at least not a lie

Well that's just selfish timing. I'm sorry that you had to deal with that on your wedding day.

To all of you saying it was okay for a man to hit a woman. As a survivor of DV you make me sick. Op, I'm sorry your mom ruined your special day. Congrats!!

Im sorry that you went through domestic violence yourself. But the old saying is 'never hit a lady' not 'never hit a woman'. I honestly feel that after OP's mom said she had an affair, she no qualified to be a 'lady' and deserved to be hit.

Is it okay for a woman to hit a man then? I'm sorry you went through that, but your wording bothers me.

Honesty is great and all, but the whole time and place thing should have come into play here.

The old saying is 'never hit a lady' I honestly feel that after the antics OP's mother pulled, she's no longer a 'lady' and deserved what she had coming for her. That being said, OP I wish you luck for the future and hopefully things will work out.

I do think there's a distinction between domestic violence and a slap on the face - long regarded as a reactive sign of high offense - after news that your spouse has frickin cheated. Not condoning it, but I really don't blame the dad for that. If genders were reversed, it would be almost expected.

Odd place and time to confess to an affair.

I want a "You're a horrible person," button, but it seems we're both out of luck there.

The slap was to much. But I would have called her a ***** and thanked her for ruining a special night

Take a lesson from Sir Patrick Stewart and his views on domestic violence for everyone who is saying she deserved it. His speeches are really quite wonderful and moving. Violence is never, ever the answer. It doesn't matter what she did, she doesn't deserve to be hit. And even if you go the inverse and he had the affair, it still would not have been okay for her to slap him.

But it would be fine for her to hit him if he was the cheater wouldn't it?

Go right ahead and reread that last sentence.

he didn't hit her so he can find the "answer".. he wanted to hurt her like she hurt him... the physical pain coming from the slap is nothing compared with the pain and the heart ache finding out that your wife the mother of your daughter who is about to get married fu*ked another man. it's wrong thing to do but it's understandable.