By Anonymous - 10/10/2015 06:39 - Canada - Victoria

Spicy
Today, my wedding celebration came to an awkward pause when my dad slapped my mom across the face and called her a whore after she admitted to having an affair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 155
You deserved it 1 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let's just go right ahead and get that open bar going..

Comments

cheshireau 26

Why would your mother admit that during celebrations? Couldn't she have waited until that got home?

****** will be ****** they know no timing!!

Maybe she felt it would be safer to admit that in public? If her husband was so quick to slap her in front of people it may be that he would have done worse at home? Still, not appropriate timing to say such during OP's wedding.

Why has no one considered that the father chose to confront the mother about his suspicions at the wedding, and that's why she ended up confessing at that place and time? That makes a lot more sense than someone just spontaneously deciding to announce a deep dark secret completely uninvited in the middle of a wedding.

They're both horrible people: violence doesn't change the horrible thing she's done. I hope you have a happy marriage.

kaymac629 3

I bet you wouldn't bat an eyelash if it were reversed and she slapped him. Our society's view have gone to crap where women can do whatever they want, while men need to walk on eggshells to avoid being attacked. I don't think either gender should be physical toward the other, but you can't freak when a man hits a woman and not the other way around. And I'm a woman for the record.

It's the moms fault. Not only did she cheat but she picked today out of all the day in the year to admit it. I feel like there is more to this story. For example a script like Mom (to daughter on daughters wedding day): the man you always thought is your father is really not. Father: *****!! (Father slaps mother) (Jerry springer emerges from among the guests) (Crowd chants Jerry's name) (And the show begins)

i personally don't think this is the mother's fault. there could be more to the story- perhaps the mother was too afraid to tell him, and decided to tell him in a crowded, controlled environment where he couldn't have a violent outburst- which he had anyway. violence is NEVER the answer. whilst it was definitely an inappropriate time to bring up such news, he could have been much more civil about it. when a partner cheats, obviously there is something wrong with the relationship. you can fix this by having a talk together where you discuss what went wrong, decide it's not working out and discuss divorce arrangements or if necessary have some time apart during which both partners can individually consider their own thoughts and feelings. using physical violence against your partner, ESPECIALLY at your child's wedding will only make things much, much worse. and consider this: if he was able to do that IN PUBLIC with everyone watching, imagine what might be happening behind closed doors? we know nothing about the story or why she did what she did, but physical violence, especially against your own wife is NEVER ok.

The mother is the cheater, yet the father is the one to blame? I can't even... He shouldn't have slapped her but she still deserved it. I bet you wouldn't say there's more to the story if it was the father cheating on the mother would you?

horrible timing on your mother's part to bring up an affair. yet, she completely deserved the slap, for straying and doing it on your special day.

she definitely did NOT deserve that slap. physical violence is never ok, unless for the purpose of self defence, or protecting someone else. she definitely was wrong for bringing it up at such a time and ruined the wedding experience for herself and her partner, but it was the father who ruined the wedding for ALL the guests. there are plenty of logical reactions that could have taken place- he waits for the ceremony to end and discusses the situation later, he takes her aside and discusses away from the guests, he could have even discusses it in front of the guests, in a civil manner. but instead he chose to make a scene, and strike his wife. technically, he is now an abuser and it may not have been a one time thing, which could open a window of reasons as to why she would have an affair. why she had the affair was a personal decision that should be discussed with her husband. she was obviously in the wrong, but he was even more so than her.

#83 I bet you wouldn't say any of that if it was the other way around. I bet you wouldn't call the mother an abuser if she slapped her cheating husband would you? I bet you'd say he deserves it for being a hideous cheating bastard and that he's lucky she didn't kick him in the balls like he deserved. Obviously he shouldn't have hit her, but she definitely deserved it. I see the fight for equality is going swimmingly...

I just don't understand this mindset. IF this exact scenario happened at my future wedding...I know for a fact my father would NOT strike my mother. Especially not in public, at a social event, as he's a person somewhat concerned about public image. If my current beloved cheated on me, I don't think I would have a thought to hit him. Just wouldn't. Self control is important in many aspects of life.

88 It apparently hasn't gone far enough, since you automatically assume that women will irrationally think abuse is okay if it's women on men, then chastise them for it. Let me paraphrase the thought process I saw here: "hmm, you didn't like the man slapping the woman. That means, I think you're a feminist. That means, I bet you would think something stupid in a different situation we're not discussing. That means you ARE stupid! You're STUPID! Feminists are STUPID"

corky1992 33

Of all nights to announce that she had to choose your wedding night? That's terrible.

Why did your mom even think that was the right time to confess that's she's a cheater???

joeyl2008 29

To bad the bride's mom was a shhhhh

*****. I chimed in with a "It is time to drink alcohol. "