By Anonymous - 10/10/2015 06:39 - Canada - Victoria

Spicy
Today, my wedding celebration came to an awkward pause when my dad slapped my mom across the face and called her a whore after she admitted to having an affair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 156
You deserved it 1 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let's just go right ahead and get that open bar going..

Comments

olpally 32

BITCH SLAP! Man, that's so ****** up.

Did you slap your dad? I beat the crap out of mine when he hit my mom

Oh come on now she was getting choked and slayed by other dudes she can take a good beating

I probably would have slapped my mom in this situation. She did kind of deserve it, not just for cheating but for deciding to admit it during her daughter's wedding. And it's not like he reared back and clocked her one, it was just a slap.

Yeah that is insane. I would feel bad for my dad but at the same time it is your day. Dam can I have a moment or do you need to take that away by admitting your a *****. This could not have waiting until everyone was drunk at the reception? Lol just saying

The mom had a ******* affair. If you ask me, that deserves a slap on the face and a kick in the shins

Some parents just need to be the center of attention at all times... Really bitch move on your mother's part.

I'm assuming your parents aren't from Canada

Not the time or the place. Congratulations on your wedding!

The bitxh deserved it but you disnt man FYL

ok, you can't blame that on spell check

At least you and too our guests have a funny wedding story!!

Because finding out your mother is cheating on your father and then said father slapping her all during your wedding is so hilarious isn't it?

I totally thought that was going somewhere kinky.

No one deserves to be hit, for any reason. If you start by saying that a woman deserves to be hit for having an affair or ruining her daughters wedding, you're only steps away from saying she deserves it for cooking dinner wrong, or laughing too loudly, or using the wrong fork, or existing.

When you say "no one", do you actually mean "no woman"? Because it sounds like your problem is not with violence, but with the fact the victim was a woman.

No it isn't. if you think like that then that's screwed up. she got a slap for being a cheating hussy. nothing like cooking dinner wrong

Because cooking dinner wrong or laughing too loud is the same as having an affair, right? Don't be stupid. Yes, violence over little things is terrible, but OP's mom ******* cheated on her husband and thought it was a great time to admit this on a weddingday. She deserved to be hit.

charlespaintin14 4

The problem is, I suspect that you automatically view the woman as the victim and the man as the abuser in every default situation. That is preventing you from examinng this situation logically. The wife cheated on him, and humiliated him by mentioning it publicly, and selfishly ruined the day for her daughter, all in one fell swoop. It does a disservice to women, to defend her bad behavior just because you both share a ******. Think about it. If a guy was going around doing that stuff, I wouldn't support him! I can bet money if the dad was cheating on his wife, and then bragged about it during his daughters wedding and humiliated the wife publicly, I bet you would cheer and clap when the wife naturally gets angry and slaps him (as you should). A slap for his wife cheating, although technically/legally violence, is far removed from the big mean drunken guy who beats his wife up for cooking dinner wrong. I mean you're using a strawman fallacy to try to misrepresent what happened.

I didn't say that they were the exact same thing, I'm saying its a slippery slope. When you start saying someone deserves to be hit for someone reason, it tells people that it's ok to physically punish people who they believe wronged them. And yes, I do mean anyone. I don't care if someone is male or female, they don't deserve to be hit.

saffy66 34