By Anonymous - 24/02/2013 01:42 - United States - Royersford

Today, my very conservative mom met my girlfriend, who recently shaved her head in support of her best friend, who has cancer. My girlfriend looks beautiful and feminine even with her still very short hair. My mom, however, keeps insisting that I'm dating "a confused transgender". FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 300
You deserved it 2 681

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xSunnyOlivia 17

Well i think what your girlfriend did for her friend is very sweet. And I'm sure if your mother knew the truth she wouldn't think that.

MEM0817 18

Who cares what anyone else thinks of how your girlfriend looks. She's probably even more beautiful to you for doing that. That's all that matters! Besides, it's as they say, it's what's on the inside that counts. She definitely seems gorgeous.

Comments

xSunnyOlivia 17

Well i think what your girlfriend did for her friend is very sweet. And I'm sure if your mother knew the truth she wouldn't think that.

Bubbelz 25

His mother "insists". So he already told her the truth. Maybe it's hard to believe, but some ultra-conservative people really are like this. She sounds like those extremely religious people who would rather die of cancer because it was a decision from above than to get chemo and treat it. (Or at least they might claim this until they get cancer themselves. Some people...)

And it's so sweet of him to say she still looks feminine and beautiful with very short hair. What a guy. Most guys think short hair = lesbian.

Exactly. I've wanted to do our local 'shave for a cure' for awhile, and the response I've had from my boyfriend and make friends has been less than encouraging. You're a cool guy.

Your mom is a jackass. There are more important things in life than looking a part. Like, I don't know, being a loving and supportive person. I kinda wanna kick your moms ass for being so ignorant.

fischerxx 10

If I were in your shoes I think that would piss me off to the point that I'd tell her to shut the hell up...sorry op

MEM0817 18

Who cares what anyone else thinks of how your girlfriend looks. She's probably even more beautiful to you for doing that. That's all that matters! Besides, it's as they say, it's what's on the inside that counts. She definitely seems gorgeous.

Corrupt_waffles 13

Beautiful on the inside and out. It makes me feel really good when I hear people doing that to support each other. OP's mom is terrible, but in the end OP got really lucky and it doesn't matter what his mother thinks.

MEM0817 18

Exactly. She's probably a beautiful girl on the inside and out. I've found that the truly beautiful people on the inside become more attractive to me physically. Even if they weren't so much at first sight. At the end of the day, looks fade. It's all about the kind of heart that person has that truly matters.

As my English teacher has been saying for years: "beauty fades, but dumb is forever."

#9 : I wish I could thumb you up a hundred times.

How can she seem gorgeous? The only physical feature known about her is that she has very short hair.

If your mom still thinks that after she knows the reasoning behind what your gf did, then FYL I'm sorry that your mom said that about her, that's kinda just heartless tbh.

Your mom has issues. Talk it out with her. I wish you the best.

She sounds beautiful inside and out & I like that you support her decisions. I wish you two the best, and I wish some insight for your mom :)

some girls look great with short hair, not many will try it though

lishajoy777 14

That's rude!(your mother) Cudos to your Girlfriend though.. She's awesome!