By Seriously - 15/06/2011 16:46 - United States

Today, my son's homework was to write a story about what he wants to be when he grows up. He wrote that he plans on being unemployed and living at home until we throw him out, then he'll live under a bridge. He's only 12, but already planning for a future as an unemployed bum. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 283
You deserved it 8 484

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Someone's read about trolls a bit too much

kikibrowm 7

Ambitious much? Don't worry, 12-years olds think they're simply amazing, and he probably thought it was hilarious.

Comments

Don't be a bad parent and squash his ambitions. Look at the bright side: at least he didn't add herion addict/alcoholic to his future goals as well.

Smart kid, he knows about the administration and knows there will be no jobs.. So much for change!

cookie_3008 4

He's 12. He doesn't know what the hell to do with his testosterone and all those hormones, he's young, don't worry, it'll change, maybe with a bit of force it might help speed up the process, but be nice about it. My son is 16, and he didn't want to work at all. Even at a young age, he somehow figured out in his mind of how he wanted to live his life, unemployed; because he was so used to mom and dad paying for everything. I forced him to get a job, and now that money is a motivation in his life and the hormones were starting to settle a bit, it changed everything. But I promise you that hormones is a big part of why he's writing that way, it will change, and you're the parent, you can make that wish NOT come true, until they're legally able to make their own decisions, than it becomes their problem. He'll thank you one day. When my son was 12, he was negative like that. When I was in jr high I never wanted a job, like every kid. However, I do find it quite hilarious how he wrote a story about being an unemployed bum, that's a story you tell at his wedding.

puertoricanmafia 0

thats u fault for raising him that way !

galacticusmaximu 0

at least he knows what he wants to do and has realistic goals. most 12 year olds want to be cowboy firefighters on the moon or something stupid like that. I say support him

it may be stupid, but at least firefighters get paid and have a good reputation and a life doing something good for everybody's sake. When it comes to cowboys, that isn't a bad dream to have. - - and how is being an unemployed bum a realistic goal? that's not a goal, that's being lazy.

That kid is awesome! someone give him a cookie

HarrietPotter239 0

he'll live in central park.

edteach 0

at least he has a vision... pretty sire I was still licking windows at that age