By megatron - 16/03/2016 17:04 - United States - Naperville

Today, my roommate decided to go on a group trip instead of paying our water bill. Now I can't shower until next week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 021
You deserved it 1 579

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you created a contract and had it signed with said roommate. Would've been a lot easier to pay it yourself then, go after them with the contract. Sorry op :/

CheekyRaccoon 27

Well your roommate sure transformed into an Optimus Prick. Don't worry Megatron, you'll have your day.

Comments

Time to begin prank wars: roommate edition

I hope you created a contract and had it signed with said roommate. Would've been a lot easier to pay it yourself then, go after them with the contract. Sorry op :/

Not sure if the roommate is the type to care about contracts... OP go to a swimming pool, pay the entry fee and use their shower facilities. Or explain your situation to a family member or a friend. I'm sure they will offer that you shower at their place. Good luck OP. In the meantime, advertise for a new roommate.

The roommate doesn't have to care about contracts for one to be legally binding and enforceable! If you don't have one yet OP, make sure to write one up when they get home.

If you have a contract with your roommate, they are obligated to pay their half and if they can't, you can push them out of it, especially in this situation where they clearly had the money. Use that to get your share back, and then I'd start looking for a new roommate because this situation is just purely unacceptable.

Bottle your stench , light it on fire, and throw it at him Molotov cocktail style when he gets back .

Is there another place where you can shower in the meantime, like a friend's place or a gym? I really hope you can resolve matters with your roommate once they are back. And with "resolve" I mean "kick them out".

Take him to room mate court! Of course, he can countersue for being a harsh on his buzz

CheekyRaccoon 27

Well your roommate sure transformed into an Optimus Prick. Don't worry Megatron, you'll have your day.

How does one let their finances get so low they can't pay for their bills? Must be pretty irresponsible with money.

OR bare with me here, MAYBE they forgot to factor in a shitty roommate while budgeting their shared expenses for the month! *gasp* I know! Crazy!