By lisa - 22/12/2010 18:03 - United States

Today, my recently married friend took off her wedding ring to make bread. Being single and pathetic, I tried it on to see what it would look like. It got stuck on my finger. The ER doctor had to cut it off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 452
You deserved it 51 752

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You shouldn't find out what it looks like until you put your own on. Next, you'll be sleeping with her husband just to find out what that feels like, right? I hope they don't have to cut him off you.

Some countries would consider that you basically performed a divorce ceremony by taking the woman's ring and cutting it. Congratulations on destroying this brand new marriage, you insenitive wench. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Comments

iicaptain!! I was under the impression that you fell off the face of the earth.

OP is dumb, use soap and hot water to extend the particle's distance from one another, that way the ring will expand a bit and you can get it off. If you got it on, you can get it off because Im sure you didn't gain like 20 pounds then tried to take it off

Actually cold water would work better because it would shrink OP's finger. My boyfriend bought me a ring and when I went in to try it on, the guy told me not to do it with cold hands because my finger would be 1/2 a size smaller.

Acousticpixie14 6

Did you ever think to drain the blood from your hand by raising it above your head? Then use soap/spit/crisco/butter/etc. to get the ring off. If you could get it on, you could get it off. Shame on the ER doctor, too, for not getting it off, that's ridiculous. I hope to God you asked for permission first, I'd be livid if someone took my ring and ended up having it cut off!

I love how you called yourself pathetic, OP.

Okay now OP, how is your friend's husband going to react to THAT. I'm not a man, but I know people go though a lot of heart break and pain just trying to find a good ring and coughing up the cash for it, what if he was still paying it off? It wasn't a good idea before you did it, and it still isn't one.

Oh wow. You should have known that it's not all one-size-fits-all! YDI.