By Anonymous - 24/05/2017 21:00 - Italy

Today, I've got a bad stomach ache, so my mother asked me ifI was on my period. I told her that no, in fact I haven't had it in three months. Now she won't speak to me because she's convinced that I have a secret boyfriend and am pregnant. I'm a lesbian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 021
You deserved it 565

Top comments

Still, that's a bit strange. you might want to consult a doctor OP.

marsmonkey 8

That sucks, OP. I'm sorry. I'm a lesbian, and I once went a whole year without my period. When I went to the doctor about it, multiple times, I had to be super clear right up front that there was zero possibility of pregnancy at all.

Comments

If you aren't preggers, how are you three months late? I'm a dude so I'm no expert. But isn't that strange?

marsmonkey 8

It happens, sometimes. Bodies are complicated.

mariri9206 32

There are multiple reasons why a period can be skipped. Weight change, change in diet, stress, hormone levels, to name a few.

mariri9206 32

Also, I don't know why you're being downvoted. You're not being rude about. You explained you're a male and don't understand how that it's normal to skip a period once in a blue moon and asked about it so you could understand. Asked quite respectfully, too.

HanBanana15 9

Actually, it's not uncommon at all. Every woman is different, and some cycles have absolutely no pattern and can't even be tracked (like mine). Hormones can fluctuate, so menstrual cycles do too.

Stealthclaws 16

Birth control prevents it, sometimes people use that

marsmonkey 8

That sucks, OP. I'm sorry. I'm a lesbian, and I once went a whole year without my period. When I went to the doctor about it, multiple times, I had to be super clear right up front that there was zero possibility of pregnancy at all.

Couldn't you have just taken a pregnancy test there so that there was no confusion?

Still, that's a bit strange. you might want to consult a doctor OP.

I am not try to scare you or anything... But... Missed periods could actually mean that you have something wrong with your body... I'd go to a doctor if this persists...

Suaria 38

It's unhealthy if your period does not come every month. You should go to the doctor because there may be something wrong with your body.

mariri9206 32

It's actually quite natural if you skip a month once in a while. Multiple months in a row, however, could mean something is wrong/serious.

azouwa 26

I was late once... 5 months late... went to my gyno... yep. cancer. get checked.

Unless you already have a known reason for the missed periods, I would get yourself checked out. There are plenty of benign reasons for missing a period, but plenty of not so benign ones also.

Ok but hie thee to a doctor, OP, there could be something seriously wrong.

I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) which is actually very common. Basically your body doesn't make enough estrogen to release an egg each month and overcompensates with testosterone. If I'm not on the pill I can go months without my period. I also once went 3 months of straight bleeding with only a week off each month. It is all symptoms of PCOS. Other symptoms included excessive body hair and it could lead to obesity and diabetes later in life. If you haven't already been checked for it i would recommend it. It's better to know.

I have it, it sucks but I'm glad I know now so I know not to be scared when I miss periods