By Anonymous - 14/12/2010 23:24 - United States

Today, my parents held an intervention for me. Apparently they think I'm turning into a goth. All because they saw me re-lacing my shoes with black shoelaces instead of white ones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 040
You deserved it 3 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's ridiculous, black shoelaces look better than white ones (I think). But I didn't know that shoelace-color had anything to do with being gothic :/

schwancy 2

It starts with the shoelaces, and then befor you know it you're getting your entire wordrobe at hot-topic.

Comments

I think the OP's parents think being a goth leads to being a member of a wrist-slitting gang. I blame the Daily Mail. Or whatever the Nebraska equivalent is.

Yeah nothing to worry about, its all gravy but the chicken. Right up until OP takes that shiny black shoelace and hangs herself with it! She's headed down a path of self destruction. Will no one help this poor lost soul?!

Do you go to a catholic school? Holy shit.

sealed_with_a_sm 2

there's a special meeting withheld for the black shoelacers...to go back to using white shoe laces!! come with us we have brownies! jajaja!

RavenRockaFellon 0

I agree with #30- Gothic can be beautiful. Especially when you walk into a gothic cathedral... breath taking! OP, don't stress it. Lol, Your parents sound a little over protective... but at least they love you enough to care :) I often wear black, mainly because I just really like it. But, people love to put labels on things and other people (i'm guilty of this) and I have been called a goth, too. Now people call me an elmo- er I mean emo. Hmm, I'm not quite sure what exactly that is... but eh, some people just equate black with Goth (or, whatever relevant sub culture).

I agree goth can be beautiful. I went with my best friend to his jr prom and he had me wear a beautiful 18th centry dress from hot topic and it was one of my most favorite dresses ever.

Shadow_Phantom 26

Your parents are paranoid. Even if you were, there's nothing wrong with being goth. FYL.

the goths that I know in the Dallas fort worth area of Texas. tend to be complete douchebags. and treat the goth subculture/ party scene like some kind of private and exclusive club and you are not invited just because. so yeah black shoelaces... do not a goth make. douchebaggery, pretending to be something you are not, being an elitist hypocrite poser, and calling guys pervs because they looked at you while you are dressed in the most slutty way possible. that makes you a goth, and a bitch.

mattrules44 0

almost none of this makes a goth

.....im in the goth thing, and im nice, and i have run into others that are nice. Preps and jocks can be total douchebags as well. So a bad attitude is not limited to the goth scene, you probably just ran into some gothier than thou pricks.

See, the problem lies in the fact that many goths choose to rarely smile, so they come across as angry, upset or bitchy.

hmmmm... so just because u changed shoe laces from White to black ur goth??? I tend to like black as a colour more than many other colours but that doesn't make me goth

I wear all black and i like live at hot topic. ur parents need to calm down