By Anonymous - 14/12/2010 23:24 - United States

Today, my parents held an intervention for me. Apparently they think I'm turning into a goth. All because they saw me re-lacing my shoes with black shoelaces instead of white ones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 040
You deserved it 3 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's ridiculous, black shoelaces look better than white ones (I think). But I didn't know that shoelace-color had anything to do with being gothic :/

schwancy 2

It starts with the shoelaces, and then befor you know it you're getting your entire wordrobe at hot-topic.

Comments

That's ridiculous, black shoelaces look better than white ones (I think). But I didn't know that shoelace-color had anything to do with being gothic :/

StitchMeUp_fml 0

there's nothing wrong with being gothic. as of they'd lecture you :/ your parents are stupid OP

*makes the sign of the cross and throws holy water on you*

*makes the sign of the cross and throws holy water on you*

ermm you're have some technical difficulties I see. if you're using your phone smash it into the wall. always works. if it's your computer spill some 5-hour energy on it works like a charm.

.... -_- the first comment in question appeared and then dissapeared so I assumed it had been modded. so me being me I commented again and what do you know. it's back leaving two identical comments.. sigh

...I hate these misconceptions about goths. Seriously, since when did a passion for wearing dark colours (not just black!) mean you're goth?

Bloody hell, where did my comment go?!?! I said something to the effect of, I don't understand the misconceptions about goths. Wearing dark colours =/= goth.

MrsxBillxKaulitz 5

lawl. sad thing is. I'm not goth, but none of my shoelaces are black. I agree that black laces look better though they don't look dirty.

^^ yea right and I'm not fat and don't have balls for a chin.

47 - The other comment appeared >:P Anyways though, wearing black == goth... but wearing all black with fishnets and wearing a mourning hat all the time does.

spanelli 16

64- It has nothing to do with what people wear. Goths worship Satan. It isn't a label to just throw around like another word.

I don't recall being goth having anything to do with being a satanist. besides any true goth doesn't have the money or motivation to join the church of Satan, temple of set maybe, they give refunds.

auto_da_fe 2

That's the most (incorrect) stereotypical thing I've ever read about goths since I was in middle school. The church of Satan is about giving into human desires and whatnot. I don't know the specifics because I'm not religious in general, but from what I do know about it, it seems like it's a couple notches up from being a normal human. :/ I still can't believe anyone can associate the two.

89 - You're thinking of Satanists, not goths.

You should be grateful that they didn't admit that you were adopted and you were originally from African American parents and that it's better to embrace white shoelaces because...oh I've said to much haven't I?...

EmoCuts 0

what the hell is wrong with beeing gothic? can i stab your parents in their own ass? they ******* need it

EmoCuts 0

what the **** is wrong with being goth or satanist? For your own culture, you don't have to worship or believe in Satan to be a Satanist *****

spanelli 16

Odd, I've always heard goths (or most, I suppose) worship Satan. I have Gothic friends, and they worship Satan, every single one of them. Yes, they are called Satanists, but I'm pretty sure it's whatever they prefer to be called.

123 - Urgh. My original message didn't show up again. Go to the "goth subculture" wiki page, and the "satanism" wiki page, and you'll see neither are correlated; neither have anything to do with one another. A goth doesn't always have to worship Satan, and a Satanist is not always a goth. Note: I realize wikipedia isn't always 100% accurate and can/will look up other pages for you to prove my point.

spanelli 16

I didn't say that they 'have' to. Just that all of the goths that I know worship Satan. They have all told me that most of them worship Satan. I don't really care for the labels and whatnot, so I could care less the differences between a 'goth' and Satanist.

F you, i'm goth, and i'm catholic. Words can not discribe how offended i am.

spanelli 16

I don't give a **** how offended you are. I only said it to see how many people would get pissed. :) The fact that you label yourself is pretty lame. Do you really want to be just like everybody else?

131 - So you only did it to gauge a reaction, and you had no real value in your argument anyway? Good to know. Next time you want to start a groundless argument, make sure you at least have some facts right.

You know what they say, once you go black..your gonna need a wheelchair.

schwancy 2

It starts with the shoelaces, and then befor you know it you're getting your entire wordrobe at hot-topic.

ThoraxeTheImpale_fml 0

#3 = win!! and #23 learn to take a joke jeez I'm thinking you might really be goth if you're getting this worked up about a silly comment. PS both of those stores suck!!... a lot.

#27 ; that picture never fails deceiving me.

Cyosaric 0

****** Americans. A goth is someone with very high but dismally used knowledge. Not some fags wearing 5 dollar chain jackets, straight hair, and skinny jeans with there BR00TAL music.

Cyosaric 0

****** Americans. A goth is someone with very high but dismally used knowledge. Not some fags wearing 5 dollar chain jackets, straight hair, and skinny jeans with there BR00TAL music.

50, that has nothing to do with goths. Get over yourself.

that_guy_ollie 0

are you sure you're not confused with goths and emos?

In the US, we have a TOTALLY different meaning of "Goth." Isn't that obvious?

you shop therefor the mainstream shit don't you... hot topic got really shitty the past few years... ******* justin bieber tshirts what the **** happened

That would be emo now, not Goth. And hot topic ****** blows now. They don't even have Tripp pants or corsets in store anymore. Plus 98% of the band's shirts that they have are emo pussy bands like devil wears prada and asking Alexandria and alesana and bullshit like that. Pisses me off.

Hottopic is for scene and emo kids so your argument is invalid. Besides you can find some really cool stuff there and it's not all black. So **** off.

It is a slippery slope, a dark and poorly illuminated one.

THEMTCHELL 0

yeah cause they most certainly do not have cookies.

jade567 0

nooo they say they have cookies but they're lying. it's the darkside silly, like you can trust them

It starts with shoes you know, and it works its way upwards. All of a suddenly your putting on white crazy makeup

If that pic is you, then how did I come across it on the internet? lol

spanelli 16

People put pictures up like that for attention...

I've been wearing nothing but all black for like 9 years. It started with a shoelace

Why did people thumbs down this comment?? I think its funny Haha

FYLDeep 25

Goths aren't so bad anyway... Well, some are. Don't worry about it. Either way your parents need to calm down.

Autoshot 9

Yea, don't listen to your parents, they are lacist.