By Anonymous - 30/09/2011 01:33 - United States

Today, my parents came to visit me. I bought boxers and cologne to make it look like I had a man here. I've been single since I moved away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 964
You deserved it 28 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you want your parents to think you'd been sleeping with some man they'd never met?

Comments

Why bother? Even if they're the pushy kind of parents who reckon you need a man asap, just pretending you've got one (or have had) will probably just make them nag at you even more. Instead why not put the time into actually getting one?

No offense, but finding a developing a good relationship probably takes more time than buying boxers and cologne.

Well obviously, OhSNAPyall. But my point was that instead of wasting her time on things like this, why not do something about this "problem"? What she did might only take a few minutes, or whatever, but it's completely pointless.

Think of it this way; if you're in a relationship you can't really go out and mingle but if your single you are free and aren't held back by anyone and you can also have drunk sex with random people and not feel too bad about it

Or with a liberal application of tequila you can have all of the above

Why would you waste money on that? Should have bought ***** instead! Then your parents would understand why you don't need one!

punkin_26 16

LOL! That is the best comment! But a ***** doesn't have to mean she doesn't get the real thing. It could mean that her sex life is a bit more adventurous.

Darling, there is NOTHING wrong with being single. Enjoy the liberation and freedom! Don't ever let anyone pressure you into thinking you HAVE to find someone. What matters in life is you enjoying yourself, be it by your own power, or with another. It's entirely up to you. Not anyone else!

Dear FML: Please fix your hiccups. My comment has gone missing. love from Mirorbo!~ EDIT: Nevermind, there it is. *bridgesqueeze*

Senior29 8

so basically, u want ur parents 2 be proud of ur sluttiness? that sounds messed up 2 me :/

NoNotTheFace 8

What's wrong with being single? You can pee with the door open. Or even ********** in the dark with the door open. Just be careful though, you wouldn't want your step-dad to walk in and stare RIGHT at you.

I think if her step dad walked in on her in her own house, she's got other problems than not having a man.

She could be her step-dad's mistress, you know, just to mess up the family situation massively.

how long have you been moved out and how old are you? It's not the worst thing in the world being single.

That's weird that you would go out of your way to make your parents believe that you're having premarital sex... Most parents wouldn't approve of it, let alone be upset if it weren't going on at all.

punkin_26 16

Unless her parents are like the Fockers. My mom, for example was okay with my having premarital sex. My father on the other hand thinks my son was the result of immaculate conception. This day in age parents are just kidding themselves if they think their children arent having sex before marriage.

It would be awfully awkward if you had left the price tags on the boxers on.....