By Anonymous - 20/03/2016 06:24 - United States - Tucson

Today, my mother straight up admitted that she would murder me if God told her to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 048
You deserved it 1 921

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Varieus 30
sp00derman 23

if she offers you to join her on a mountain to make a sacrifice, don't join her!

Comments

hahaha The one time God speaks and he just says "kill your son, I'm not huge on him."

Okay, let's be realistic and mention the fact that 4.2 billion people agree your god is not real. Are you really gonna listen to the a homicidal thought that pops into your head? People that hear voices in their head are either hallucinating or have mental health problems. People that kill when they hear a voice suggest it are psychotic and should be locked up.

I hope you realize that the argument "many people think this way therefore it's right" is called the Bandwagon fallacy and is not a valid argument.

It isn't an accurate statistic, because it would actually be more, around 4.7 billion. Christians and Jews, who worship the same god, make up a little over 2.2 billion people, leaving 4.7 billion who do not believe in your specific brand of god. If you want to include adherants of Islam as worshipping the same God (and there's pretty fierce argument over that) then this adds up to 3.8 billion, leaving 3.1 billion people who don't worship this particular version of god. And this doesn't even go into the various denominations of Christianity. I think pooniel's point is this; statistically speaking is it more likely that god is speaking directly through you to tell you to murder your child, or that you have a mental illness? I know what my bet is on.

KryssLB 14

How does the question of how many people do or do not believe in something have any bearing on whether or not something actually is real? And by "real" I mean a verifiable fact. There are people out there who (at least seem to) sincerely believe that the Holocaust never happened, despite mountains of evidence that it did. How many Holocaust-deniers are out there has no bearing on the fact of the Holocaust itself. For the record, OP, whether or not you yourself (or your mother, or anyone else) believe in God, the fact remains that your mother has confirmed that she would happily murder you in cold blood should a specific condition occur. Whether that condition is "God tells me to" or "the voice in my head I think is God tells me to," the end result is that she tries to murder you. So I really, really think you should call her doctor immediately. Make an appointment to see them, explain what she told you, and ask them to do a psychiatric assessment on her. You may also want to move out as soon as you can. Also, get the number for your local women's shelter if you're female, or call the Kid's Help Phone if you're a minor. FYL, OP. :/

This is so disturbing. I'd be pretty terrified after hearing that, especially if I lived with her, a strong belief like that can make people do horrible things. She either needs to see a psychiatrist, or you need to just not associate with her. If it were me, I'd cut her off totally if she didn't seek help, you can't basically threaten my life and expect me to act like everything is ok.

Ask her if she knows the sixth commandment. If she doesn't recall it she can just read the Bible again. (Exodus 20 should do it)

TAntobella 14

Is it the part when god kills 42 children for having mocked a bold man he liked? Or is it the part that condones incest? Or the part that approves slavery? Or maybe is it one of the many misogynistic parts you are referring to? Have YOU actually ever read the bible?

Heretic scum, OP! How dare you be a nonbeliever!? You will die a dissident's death!