Can't do the time? Don't do the crime!

By Anonymous - 04/12/2020 19:58 - United States - Mountain View

Today, my entire family was diagnosed with COVID. My son's school decided I was well enough to homeschool him on Zoom all day. My head feels like it’s going to explode and all I want to do is sleep. Did I mention my ADHD son has no symptoms? FML
I agree, your life sucks 950
You deserved it 157

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sara Niemantsverdriet 12

Uh, since when do you let your kid's school dictate whether you're well enough to do something? Look after your kid, yes. Let him do whatever he's capable of doing on his own, yes. Let him do whatever it is you can both handle, schoolwork or not, yes. Allow them to tell you how to do that when the household is unwell? You absolutely should have told them where to shove it.

Because it's even harder to teach someone with ADH... I'm hungry, what's for lunch? Wait, was that a squirrel? I need a nap.

Comments

Sara Niemantsverdriet 12

Uh, since when do you let your kid's school dictate whether you're well enough to do something? Look after your kid, yes. Let him do whatever he's capable of doing on his own, yes. Let him do whatever it is you can both handle, schoolwork or not, yes. Allow them to tell you how to do that when the household is unwell? You absolutely should have told them where to shove it.

If your ADHD son has no symptoms of ADHD, does he really have ADHD?

"homeschool him on zoom"? what does that mean?

It means the school wants to watch how she teaches the child in the privacy of their own home. If it was me they would have got a really loud “PISS OFF!” Before I hung up the phone. But you do you.

coius 23

Good news he has no symptoms. Some kids have died from this, and at least you don’t have to care for him with both you and him having CoVid-19. I don’t have covid but am scared to death of it due to my immune system trying to kill me at least 2x in my life already (I have a rare disease so bad it killed part of my kidneys called Henoch Schonlein Purpura, and im the 1% that it affects life long and is almost deadly) but rejoice he’s ok. Too many people burying loved ones that don’t get to say goodbye. And im glad your symptoms are better than those on ventilators.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to point out he has ADHD, I'm not sure how that factors into the problem at hand.

Because it's even harder to teach someone with ADH... I'm hungry, what's for lunch? Wait, was that a squirrel? I need a nap.

xxlk4xx 6

kids with adhd can be pretty hyper and have a hard time staying on task, my daughter who has it isn't super hyper but she has a super hard time staying on task, I pretty much have to sit with her the entire time she's doing her work. I can't imagine trying to do that with covid! I have been lucky enough not to have it and I still found online learning to be extremely hard for our family.

rotflqtms_ 21

I'm not sure I understand the issue. Is the issue that they're expecting you to teach him while you're sick with covid and you'd rather rest and take a break than to teach him while you're sick, or is the issue that you'd like to send him to school for the teachers to teach him since he has no symptoms? If you're saying you'd just like everyone to rest and recover from covid instead of being forced to have him learn while everyone is sick and possibly dying, fly. if you're wanting to send him to school... you know that even if he's asymptomatic and even if he tested negative one day, he could still just not have enough of the virus for it to be detected. Just because it's not detected doesn't mean he can't spread it to others. I hope you aren't considering sending your child to school to infect every other child and educator that comes into contact with your kid and those he came into contact with, because THAT would be VERY SELFISH. Hopefully you meant the NON SELFISH reason.

Lazy and an idiot parent. Don’t have kids if you can’t bother to help them with school. Also just because kids don’t have symptoms doesn’t mean they aren’t carriers.