By arghgffhdfg - 15/07/2012 00:22 - Australia - Sydney

Today, my mother screamed at my brother for ages for playing a Nicki Minaj music video. She said it's "terrible, demonic garbage" that'll get us "spitroasted in Hell". I don't even disagree with the first part, but she does this kind of thing every single day when I get home from my night job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 213
You deserved it 2 441

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sunnyt 5

No one likes Nicki Minaj and her Super Bass though.

She can't be demonic... Satan himself hates that music

Comments

citymayer 7

Yeah! I bet he never got fired after 1 1/2 weeks because he couldn't make a sandwich 30 seconds faster!!! Excuse me.. I had a fit of jealous rage there..

Then tell your brother to stop playing Nicki Minaj xD FYL.

She can't be demonic... Satan himself hates that music

Shadow_Phantom 26

I wouldn't say hate, but... it is rather bland.

citymayer 7

You just described nicki Minaj as bland.. How? Even bad tasting food wouldn't be called bland. She might not be "unique" to most people (including me) but she's not particularly bland.

Shadow_Phantom 26

>Rates the actual Satanist's comment DOWN >Rates the person who is joking UP /facepalm

I could understand her yelling at you if your night job is in the sex industry, but it doesn't seem like it if you dont like nicki minja

Have you ever herped so hard that you derped?

BryanThaMan 14

I think you sir fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on your way down. She never even remotely conveyed her job as one in the sex industry so why imply this?

Was I the only one who laughed at nicki minja?

Don't listen to her. Someone probably did the same thing to her when she was young. She doesn't know any better, sadly. Just remember not to be like that if you ever have kids.

b0ngs 7

may I point out that music was 100000x better when the mom was younger. Every thing before the 2000s had better music

Good thing your brother doesn't like screamo.

I'd take screamo over that shit anyday

A wild, offended commenter appears! (Hint: it's me)

RickyMichelle 7

I'm sorry but what's wrong with screamo? It's better than anything Nicki Minaj can spit out.

gmc_blossom 21

I'd rather listen to her "spitting out" words than listening to people screaming at me. Excuse me, but how do you understand what they're saying? How can you enjoy that? ._.

Guys, I think he was implying the mother would have an even bigger fit if he listened to screamo. If she was flipping her lid over that pop "music", imagine her reaction to hardcore screamo? I think that's what he was getting at, anyway.

at # 67: Not always, but you know it is possible to appreciate both the musical stylings of bands such as the beatles and between the buried and me? (but not Nicki Minaj)

Uhm I'm sorry but what's screamo? I assume you refer to stuff such as suicide silence/chelsea grin etc it's called HEAVY METAL! I'm so sick of people saying screamo there is no such genre at all it falls under METAL genres even if not one word is actually said but screamed and it actually takes skill, if you just screamed you would end up with a bleeding throat like all these wannabe screamers These heavy metal singers go day after day on tours they don't get a bleeding throat even after years of doing it. It may sound like screaming to all you auto tube fans but you try do it you'll lose your voice for a very lonnnnnggg time

Laurenlou 24

There are MANY Christian screamo/metal core bands out there and they are more understandable than that Nikki Minaj demonic crap. I fail to see how anyone would ever prefer Nikki Minaj over some good rock music. >.

linkinpark98 23

Even Satan himself hates Nicki Minaj's "music".

linkinpark98 23

Eh? Oh! I'm sorry, I don't read the comments before I post. :/

linkinpark98 23

I'm sure he does, SqueakyChipmunk, I'm sure he does. :)

perdix 29

What is your night job? Are you in a Nicki Minaj tribute band?

Your mom is right about Nicki Minaj, but the night job part? If she yells at you because of your night job, then maybe it's time to consider taking another job.

linkinpark98 23

Changing jobs just because someone yells at them about it? If it pays well, I don't think changing jobs is in the question. That seems pretty absurd.

Sorry, the thought kinda just came to me. But I, for one, wouldn't want to be yelled at so much to the point that I need a hearing aid.

linkinpark98 23

Hah, it's fine. I wasn't trying to sound like an ass. Lol But yeah, I do somewhat agree with you. If your job really is causing such a argument, then finding a better job would probably be the best option.

Especially if she works as a stripper or any job of sexual themes.

...maybe I misread it but it says nothing about OP's mom yelling because of the job. She's yelling at OP's brother. Not OP.

No, I think I misread by a long shot. Sorry about my comment. It's just the way she worded this is what confused me. I thought she yelled at him AND her. The brother for bad taste in music and Op for a weird night job. Sorry about that. :) And thank you for clearing that up.