Overbearing much?

By Anonymous - 06/10/2020 14:02

Today, my mom caught me playing Mortal Kombat and had a fit about the violence, saying she read violent video games turn young people like me into mass murderers. I’m 29 years-old with my own flat and she still tries to treat me like a dumb impressionable teenager. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 452
You deserved it 140

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

You're an adult, you can tell her to **** off now.

Ask her was the article from the 1980's or Facebook either way it's bullshit

Comments

Ask her was the article from the 1980's or Facebook either way it's bullshit

tounces7 27

You're an adult, you can tell her to **** off now.

Having your own place is no proof. How many people have you killed? If it's only 2-3, you're hardly a "mass" murderer. You need to step it up.

are you an only child? cuz i feel like i got treated the same way before i moved outta state

Why do you care? Tell her the conversation is over, and if she won't drop it, tell her to leave. If you're independent, her opinion doesn't matter.

OP, If you have your own place, how did Mom “catch you” playing a game? Were you visiting mom and got bored or did Mom drop in on you?

"Mom, this game has been around for 30 years, people have been murdering each other for over 6,000. I DOUBT the game is the issue."

People like her piss me off. Violent video games do not instantly cause one to be violent. I know, because I played Duke Nukem 3D when I was like four or five, have played it for years (I'm now 33), and I won't even touch a gun because I don't like them. Playing violent video games has nothing to do with if someone turns into a killer or not - it's purely coincidental.

Almost as dumb and impressionable as a 55ish year old woman believing every article she reads on the internet but only the first one she reads.