By annie - 14/10/2018 12:00

Today, my mother-in-law visited. She saw my 5-year-old son rip open a chip bag, causing chips go everywhere. She got up in his face and started screaming at him about how he has an "attitude problem". He doesn't, he's autistic and genuinely has trouble with food packaging. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 332
You deserved it 248

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kico McAwesome 9

What a complete b*tch no matter if he's special needs or not she soukdnt ever talk to another person's child that way. I am sorry she did that. You must be very unhappy I hope your husband speaks. With her about this.

maroongrad 13

You don't scream at a five year old. Period. My little girl is 4 and also on the spectrum, and while my family is excellent...if they weren't? She wouldn't see them until she was 18 and could make that decision herself, or they bent over backwards and changed their ways. This is a huge FML for your little boy, and it's one for you UNLESS you knew that she was a b*tch and this wasn't shocking and surprising...and you kicked her out in seconds.

Comments

wtfdaemon 3

Give me a break. Very few autistic kids are so challenged that they can't accept basic instruction around shit like this. Maybe your mother-in-law is rightfully upset that you're coddling your little dipshit.

I’m glad your not me, OP. I would start throwing punches at her

Cat's Paw 15

What a piece of garbage. Heck, even neuro-typical kids have trouble opening chip bags. You might want to ditch the mother-in-law. It would mean fewer headaches for you and your kid!

How does the kid's grandmother not know her grandchild has autism? That was totally uncalled for. And even if he didn't, guess what? Those chip bags rip open easily sometimes. Could have happened to anyone.