Big boomer energy

By Anonymous - 13/08/2020 20:06

Today, my father-in law-shared his opinion that autistic kids should be beaten until they act normal. He saw fit to share this while my autistic son was having a meltdown because my father-in-law came to the house without warning, and my son violently hates visitors without prior warning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 443
You deserved it 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he doesn't see anything wrong in abuse, not just child at that, I would orbid him entering your home.

bl3ur0z3 17

Unannounced visitors should be chased off the property with sticks and other injurous objects until they learn to respect the people, including children, upon whom's homes they are intruding.

Comments

Remember this conversation in case your Father-In-Law ever starts getting “soft in the head” from age.

If he doesn't see anything wrong in abuse, not just child at that, I would orbid him entering your home.

CaptHowdy 1

What kind of asshole thinks OP or their autistic son deserve that treatment?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The OP never mentioned the son being aggressive and assaulting visitors, he HATES unannounced visitors, not hits.

bl3ur0z3 17

I hope you never have autistic kids. You know what those treatments consist of? Extreme patience and an understanding that sometimes you just have to ride out the storm.

There are different levels of Autism. And yes, Autistic children can be taught some things. Some things they will not grasp nor can they control. Some children will learn some things while other children will not. Your comment shows that you have no real experience with autistic children and you don't know what you are talking about. A lot of Autistic children need a very specific routine for some things, no amount of "teaching" will completely fix every issue, and some things will get better as the child ages.

JoanT 11

Obviously she couldn’t get him to the repair shop that day so she has to wait till next week... what do you mean just fix a kid you should not procreate 🤦🏽‍♀️

Don't have kids. Even if they come out "normal " in your mind, you clearly don't know how to empathize with people. Meds Don't fix everything and to be honest, there isn't anything To fix. Yes I'm a father with an autistic daughter.

Arkangel.Artemis 10

There is no cure for autism. Seriously? what have you been smoking.

bl3ur0z3 17

Unannounced visitors should be chased off the property with sticks and other injurous objects until they learn to respect the people, including children, upon whom's homes they are intruding.

Your FIL should also know that wild and hungry dogs should be set upon uninvited and unannounced "guests" until they grow some manners and actually come over only when invited and expected...

tounces7 27

That's a feature of autism? I thought EVERYONE hated visitors without warning?

bl3ur0z3 17

A feature of autism is being unable to handle unexpected events.

icalledhisname 12

Ugh, I so feel for you. My daughter is autistic and she needs to know ahead of time everything we do or she melts down. I’m sorry you deal with this!

Your husband needs to tell his father that his parenting "advice" is unwanted and unwelcome. And tell him if he ever speaks that way about your son again he will be unwelcome there. AND he will not be admitted without a heads up call. regardless of your situation with your son, dropping by unannounced is just rude.

You and your son don’t need him in your life. Bye, Grandpa!