Drama

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Brookhaven

Today, my 45-year-old child of a mother made such a dramatic scene over finding a hair in her food that the initially apologetic owners ended up kicking my family out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 706
You deserved it 1 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I still don't understand why people go so crazy over a stray hair in their food. Hair gets on everything. It's hardly the pandemic apocalyptic plague of epic proportions people make it out to be. It's probably the least deadly thing on your plate. Unless it's short and curly and the entire kitchen staff is bald. Then you are entitled to flip your shit.

Comments

She can make a little fuss. But I guess she took the piss, hence being thrown out. Sorry OP, some mothers can be over the top.

Imagine how great of a mother in law she's going to be.

Unfortunately, all too often parents and children switch roles.

What a hairiffic incident is she alright?

I still don't understand why people go so crazy over a stray hair in their food. Hair gets on everything. It's hardly the pandemic apocalyptic plague of epic proportions people make it out to be. It's probably the least deadly thing on your plate. Unless it's short and curly and the entire kitchen staff is bald. Then you are entitled to flip your shit.

Agreed, the other day I found a piece of plastic in my food and all I did was warn the staff to check if something in the kitchen was broken so they could make sure that more bits didn't fall in other people's food. Working with food myself I understand that occasionally these things happen and people make mistakes. It's not like I choked on it so why make a huge deal?

MikaykayUnicorn 36

And it could have been HER hair. It likely wasn't if she made such a big deal over it, but I know my hair gets everywhere, especially in my food. (and other peoples... whoops) It shouldn't really be that big of a deal if a hair gets in your food. Pluck it out. If it's a big deal for you then get rid of the part the hair touched. It won't kill you.

You don't know how hygienic this person is. They might have lice or something. If there's hair in the food, remake the dish.

#10 is right. People pull stunts like this all the time to try and get free stuff. It's disgusting. I'm more than happy not to have the business of people like that.

JohnTheDonJuan 11

I agree remake the dish, but as the customer you have no right to lose your shit or get a free meal for it. Honestly, be a decent person and quietly address the issue with the staff. Either that or go somewhere else. Trust me, after working 10 years in restaurants, we couldn't care one iota less about losing one customer.

wauw that must have been quite embarrassing for you hoping you never need a favour or part-time job from those people

This 47 year old thinks your mother is a cuntastic idiot.