By badcook - 24/09/2009 19:10 - United States

Today, my mother-in-law gifted us with a new microwave. I told her it was too much and we didn't really need it. Her response, "I just want my grandkids to have food that tastes good for once." I'm a chef. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 731
You deserved it 3 519

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just tell her, "I know what you mean, my husband said he had to eat the dog's food behind your back when he was growing up so he didn't starve."

Comments

skullbuster 0

OP, I wouldn't take the old windbag too seriously - I mean, hell, she thinks microwave cooking tastes good?!?! Start picking out her casket, it can be a real pick-me-up when dealing with older judgmental family members.

Takashiro 0

haha wow that really sucks im a chef to i know how that would feel.

She's stupid if she thinks microwaved food tastes better than a homecooked meal. I've had to survive on that shit for entirely too long. Bitches like her ruin the American dream of the ideal family night!

Interesting that she thought a microwave would improve your childrens meals. What a lazy bitch. Though chef doesnt always mean your food is good. There are many other chefs out there who assume their cooking is great yet it is other wise to anyone else who eates it.

One of two possibilities: A) She's a ******* delirious buffoon. AND/OR B) She's trying to get under your skin. SOLUTION: Don't let her get to you. Also, making her microwaved meatloaf made from a can of dog food also works too.

Hey, I'll take it. The microwave, I mean. I don't want your damn mother-in-law.

retort: "Ah, so letting you near the kitchen is a bad move, then." OR " Great! Maybe i should just go and remove a tile from your gingerbread house for dessert, then."

sounds like something my mother in law would do. ugh!