By badcook - 24/09/2009 19:10 - United States

Today, my mother-in-law gifted us with a new microwave. I told her it was too much and we didn't really need it. Her response, "I just want my grandkids to have food that tastes good for once." I'm a chef. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 731
You deserved it 3 519

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just tell her, "I know what you mean, my husband said he had to eat the dog's food behind your back when he was growing up so he didn't starve."

Comments

that's why you always graciously accept a gift. if you really hate it regifting is always an option

She gifted you? Glad your not an English teacher

LOL you beat me to it... clearly OP's not very gifted with English.

Scratch that... I re-thought it over and OP's usage of "gifted" is technically correct... just sounds awkward

Glad "your" not, either. oh hell #66 beat me to it but replied in the wrong place

# 65 "I re-thought it over"; Redundant and repetative much?

Sounds like mom-in-law is a fan of Hot Pockets and Gino's Pizza Rolls and anything else you can pop in the microwave. And she probably thinks having a nice dinner at a restaurant means the Extra Value meals at McDonalds. Maybe she'd be happier if you used a lot more salt in your cooking and used crappy ingredients.

fritzmims 0

lol, M-I-L sounds kinda lame indeed

Did you know that "mother in law" anagrams to "woman hitler"? Try it!

@56 PS Glad YOU'RE not an English teacher... pfft

I have a sneaky feeling OP serves her kids paella and tofu, and Gramma just wanted to spoil them with an occasional pizza roll or two. Anyone with me on this one?

I can see that. Kids don't want fancy, fru-fru, wholesome, organic stuff. They want grilled cheese, nuggets and tater tots. Cooks & chefs should take a page from writers; Know your audiance.

Kids generally like the food they're raised on. They may like stuff like pizza rolls, etc, but if OP has been serving them the more "adult" meals for most of their lives, odds are that they like those meals just as much as the microwaved crap.

starberries 0

Yes, until they went to Grandma's and got pizza rolls, which they now think of as a treat.

Either she has no taste, or you don't know the difference between your job and your kids.

OMG! Food from the microwave taste good?? Your mother in law must be the biggest retard on earth. FYL