By badcook - 24/09/2009 19:10 - United States

Today, my mother-in-law gifted us with a new microwave. I told her it was too much and we didn't really need it. Her response, "I just want my grandkids to have food that tastes good for once." I'm a chef. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 731
You deserved it 3 519

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just tell her, "I know what you mean, my husband said he had to eat the dog's food behind your back when he was growing up so he didn't starve."

Comments

Solstice0100 0

Your mother-in-law is a bitch.....

Man - 0 Machine - 1 Maybe you should prepare her a nice meal and then lace it with poison.

She is probably just one of those mums who feed their children microwave meals their whole lives, and anything that cant be "prepared" in under 2 minutes will taste like crap to her no matter what it is.

Think that's bad - wait until you're actually actively cooking something, and five minutes before you're planning on serving you realise she turned off your pot roast three hours ago, because you "weren't watching it". So glad I got that batshit insane woman out of my house.

What the hell? Did that woman not understand that, y'know, some things actually take time to cook? You don't have to babysit a freaking pot roast.

At least your husband has better taste than his mother.

Just because you work at McDonald's doesn't make you a chef.

haha, she probably wouldnt have said no to the microwave if she worked in McDonalds - they must have to replace theirs all the time!

Microwaves are for quick meals, I cook more in the microwave than the oven, because I specialize in snack foods. Your stepmom has no taste in good food.

I don't see the problem. Now you have a legitimate killing weapon. Stick your mother-in-law in there, and microwave her. After authorities come for you, say you wanted to dry her because she fell in a river. Follow up by suing the shit out of the company for not mentioning that bitchy-mother-in-laws are not to be dried with a nuclear reheating device. Dye your hair blonde for best effect.