By Anonymous - 25/03/2009 20:40 - United States

Today, my mother asked me if my boyfriend and I were getting serious. I quickly lied and said no. She then informed me that if things ever heated up that she would take me to get birthcontrol. Wanting birthcontrol, I confessed. In turn she grounded me. I am not allowed to see my boyfriend anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 687
You deserved it 28 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JeanNe91 0

that's why you never tell parents the truth.

Slightmisshap 0

you can get it for free without parental permisson.....

Comments

that's ****** up. your mom totally tricked you. and you can get birth control for free without your parents btw.

omgnooo 0

If i was able to get 4 packs of cigs a week at 16, i'm sure u can get BC without a parent... and if that doesn't work, then you can always get a friend or friend's parent to get some for you...

@7... You are wrong there. A doctor CAN tell a minor's parents if they feel they are a danger to themselves. Look it up, it's all there. The example you gave, that would give them reason to tell your parents in the first place. OP- While I admit that this situation is ****** up, you still deserved it at the same time. One, you lied, two, you should not be getting serious with anyone if you are still living with your parents.

mfbabyyy 0

my boyfriends mother wont allow us to see eachother, the reasons are similar but its more complicated, i know that situation sucks.. but if you two love eachother enough you can try to keep the relationship going regardless.. thats what me and my boyfriend are trying to do. good luck.

I don't think you should have lied, but I clicked YLIF because I really hate that parents would do such a thing. Kids should be able to be open and honest with their parents about sex. This will help them to not become grandparents at such an early age, amongst other things.

To everybody telling her to lie to her parents, that is terrible advice. If I were her parent, I would have grounded her for lying to me, not because she's sleeping with her boyfriend. I suspect her parents did the same thing.

This sucks, and it's sad because it's not at all how I am with my mom. My mom is a good protestant, only had sex with my dad, waited for marriage, and wants me to do the some, yada yada yada. HOWEVER, my mom made sure I knew I could come to her if I needed birth control pills or such. And, while she told me she would prefer I wait for marriage (and she gave practical reasons, too) she told me I'm worth so much more than just my virginity, so I shouldn't be caught up in waiting for marriage just to "stay virgin to be virgin."

I dont see why this is her fault. to the people who are/will say its her fault for having sex so young...some people can not control the desire to have sex. Its a natural want starting at puberty and even before. So at least she was open about it. OP-thats horrible of your mom to do that.

greatnt249 0

"you should not be getting serious with anyone if you are still living with your parents." That comment made no sense whatsoever. At any rate, if the only reason the OP was being punished was for lying, then she wouldn't have been prohibited from seeing the boyfriend anymore as well. The mom baited the OP, and it was a bitchy move. Quit sticking up for parents who sacrifice trust between them and their kids for the sake of "keeping them safe."