By author - 15/02/2014 02:28 - United States - Sicklerville

Today, I was at the fish store asking if they were hiring. My stepdad decided to humiliate me by screaming at them repeatedly that I'm a good person and that I deserve the job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 983
You deserved it 3 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Indianboy9321 25

You should tell your stepdad not to be so shellfish. Eh, what the heck, I honestly think he did it just for the halibut.

Comments

He was preempting the guy asking for references

After all that yelling, I'm sure they can't hear anything so they'll see how well OP can work!

iLike2Teabag 27

They cod dolphinitely give em a shot at the job anyway.

Yes, they should go back and ask for the job before they fillet.

If you tell them your dad was so shellfish, they may understand.

I bet after that seatuation you were crabby

They should give you a chance, you might enjoy working at that plaice.

It's in their best finterest to hire you.

It wasn't very nice of your stepdad to yale at them.

cryssycakesx3 22

that interview took a backwards tailfin

Who knows? Maybe they'll hire OP just for the halibut!

Indianboy9321 25

You should tell your stepdad not to be so shellfish. Eh, what the heck, I honestly think he did it just for the halibut.

emirie 21

You and everyone else. Nice catch. /sarcasm

He was probably trying to help, although he went about it completely wrong.

Ihavegas 22

you should go back on your own and apologies for what took place. they might see you in a better light and who knows, hire you as well. besides its better to go job hunting alone, shows confidence.

I'm sure he was trying to help, but next time tell him: "*insert step dad's name*, Bro, I got this...."

cryssycakesx3 22

That's sweet in a very annoying and inconvenient way :)

It's sweet that her stepfather basically ruined her chances of getting hired there? I think you have different definition of sweet than about 95% of the population. it wasn't sweet, it was immature and incredibly rude.

Just tell them that in your spare time, you take care of this mentally ill man