By flatchested Sam - 01/12/2013 00:16 - United States - Radcliff

Today, my mom said I should start wearing push up bras to make myself look better. I was wearing one when she said that. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 812
You deserved it 3 945

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Push-up bras are false advertising anyways :P Buy your mom some wrinkle cream for Christmas.

Some guys like small boobs. I do! Don't hate it embrace it!! Society sucks anyway just be you and you'll be fine. (:

Comments

I wouldn't take it to heart, OP. She was probably just trying to be helpful (albeit in that 'awkward mom' way). If it bothers you, you can go to Victoria's Secret or somewhere you can be fitted professionally and they can help you adjust it to fit right (just in case it's not the right size or you're wearing it low).

VS doesn't fit professionally -_- They are way of the actual size, very WRONG! Best way is to look on the Internet.

XxxAnitaxxX 14

They have professionals. Because they fitted me and they where right on the dot.You're just an idiot. **Walks away**Hahaha.. Trying to fit yourself.. Idiot..

Oh? Did they add inches to your band size ( measurement directly underneath your breasts, around the ribcage )? I am 100% sure they did, so they can fit you into their bras. They have a small fraction of the sizes available, and they intentionally use this very outdated and incorrect method to increase their sales. Let me ask you this - most of the support comes from the band, so why would you add anything to it? VS "fitting" adds either 4 or 5 inches to the band, which makes it come out to a band that's way too large and a cup that's far too small and doesn't hold the actual volume of your breasts. Don't be an arse and educate yourself before you make rude comments like that.

VS is -very- bad at fitting anyone properly. They use a very outdated and incorrect method, which is adding inches to the band size. The most you would need to add is 1 inch, and that's only if you're an add number underneath the breasts. Their method gives you a band that's too big and a cup that's too small, so it doesn't hold the actual volume of your breasts. They do it so they can put more women into their bras, ignoring that it's wrong.

17 and 46. I worked for VS and let me tell you, I went through massive training to learn the different types of bras, padding and fits. and plenty of women leave satisfied with having found the right bra. No need to bash VS, it's immensely successful for a reason.

I refuse to buy from anywhere besides VS. I love my very sexy and dream angels line. My bras always fit perfectly and they make my already awesome boobs look awesomer. :) *******.

68, yes because a 17 year old girl knows all that there is to know about bra fittings, while a huge lingerie company does not. Oh please.

Then explain to me why you would add 4 or 5 inches to the band size. I would love to know why. The band is what gives you the support, so... explain, please. Surely this would be covered under your "extensive training".

Who is 17? I'm 27, and correct bra fitting should be common knowledge. Companies are in it to make money, no matter what they have to do to make it. It's very well-known that the quality of VS fittings has disappeared with time, and that their associates are taught the wrong method.

Oh and FYI - VS would put me into a 34A, which is far too small in terms of volume, and far too loose in the band. 34A has a single cup volume of 310 cc, and my -actual- breast volume is 480 cc ( 30DD / 28E ). There's no way my breasts can be smashed into that without discomfort, and the band is several inches too large, so the bra would constantly need to be adjusted through the day. Hell, a 34A doesn't even cover my nipples if I try to wear one, and that isn't even in a balconette or other low-cut style. Look at this chart from Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassiere_measurement#Calculating_cup_volume_and_breast_weight

Kahli, the measure under my breasts is 29 inches, so according to what you say I should wear a 30 band... How come 32 is too small for me then? Even some 34 bras are too small (not the cups, just the band)!

It's going to feel really tight at first especially after wearing too large of a band, but really, it IS right. Remember, the band is where nearly all your support should come from, so it needs to fit your ribcage very snugly. What's the measurement around the largest part of your chest? This needs to be a slightly looser measurement than underneath. 1 inch = A cup, 2 inches = B, etc. If you tried to go directly from say, a 34C to a 30C, they are totally different sizes so of course they won't fit. If a 34C fits in terms of the cup fitting, then if you need a 30 band, you would be a 30DD like me. They're called "sister sizes" because they are the same volume. 30DD = 32D = 34C = 36B - same sizes. Or.. 32E = 34DD = 36D = 38C = 40B - also all the same sizes. But the band is very important no matter what. You can't just get one of the sister sizes and go with it, you need to get the band altered if it's more than one size difference. The band needs to fit on the loosest hook, so that it has room to naturally stretch out. That's actually why they have more than 1 set of hooks!

It's not only tight, it's actually painful. And I've changed the cup size up, finding a smaller band with my cup size is nearly impossible. But then, I don't really need support.

What cup size are you? Rather, what is your measurement around the breasts? You can't take the measurement while wearing anything at all btw. If you're wearing the wrong size bra or a t-shirt or something, you'll end up with the wrong measurements. And remember that style -does- make a difference. I can't wear anything that doesn't have a shaped or moulded cup, because my breasts are just the wrong shape altogether. None of those pretty lace bras for me... :( My mom can't wear underwire bras because she has some uh... 'excess fat'. It causes her pain to wear them, so she sticks with wireless bras, or ones that have a soft cup without wires.

My size is either 34AAA or 32AA, but I usually wear 34AA as my real size is nearly impossible to find. I have one bra that fits me perfectly, it's a 34. Just 34, no letter (I found it in a children's departement).

You still haven't answered my question, and I really, REALLY doubt you're wearing the right size. If a 34 or 32 "A" "fits" you, then you're probably measuring about 33 around the largest part of your chest. That would make you a 30C. So far, --every place-- I can find online that sells "small" bras has an incorrect calculator or has instructions that are just plain wrong. A cupsize that is too small can make you feel like the bra itself is too small for you, because it's smashing your breasts down underneath the band. Just go here and read, it will tell you everything you should know about getting the right bra size - tinyurl.com/properfitbra

Which question haven't I answered? And the 34A doesn't really fit me, the cups are too big, but that's the closest I can get from my size in regular stores. The 32 bands are painfully too small.

The question is, what is the measurement around the largest part of your breasts? Mind you, this is without any clothing or other bras on ( for the band measurement too ), and it needs to be parallel to the ground to be accurate.

ZY1431 24

don't worry bout what she says.

So your boobs are the only thing that make you look good? How about your eyes, legs, hair? Yo mama is mad -_-

Ecudaniel 16

If it makes you feel any better, boobs aren't all OP. I believe natural are better than fake :).

or just go by my philosophy: no boobs, no problem. ;)

Trust me: at this point I'd KILL fof smaller boobs. I'm 20 and already done with them. Make most of what you have ;)

If it's because you have to adjust your bra constantly, then you're wearing the wrong size. That can cause anything from annoyance, to discomfort... and directly to back pain, headaches, neck pain, etc. Wearing the right size will flatter you -and- be supportive, eliminating those issues. Band size is very important. Measure yourself firmly under the breasts - that is your band size ( round up if it's an odd number, or down if you can handle a tight fit ). Difference between the band measurement and the measurement around the largest part of your chest is your bra cup size - 1 inch = A, 2 inches = B, etc. Use UK sizing ( and stores ), because it's much more uniform and less confusing than US sizing, not to mention we don't have even a small portion of the available sizes. I myself am a 30DD / 28E, a size you just can't find here. Once you get used to a band that actually fits and supports, you'll be happy, trust me.

Oh and btw - brastop, figleaves, and other UK sites are the best place to get those other sizes - bands under 32 / over 38, and cups over DD.

Urm... Has nothing to do with measurements here lol. Look up BuzzFeedYellow's 17 Busty Girls Problems; that's pretty much my boob life summed up in a few minutes.

breast reduction is like slapping God in the face! ....Superbad quote.

You're very lucky if simply wearing the right bra size makes you happy. For me, wearing the correct size hasn't got shit to do with my unhappiness when it comes to my breast size.

And that video shows that they simply don't wear the right size, and therefore have all these problems. Measure yourself and find the right bra size - you will be supported, not have anything moving around or poking you through the day, and you will magically stop having back problems/pain, headaches, and other pains that come with large breasts and the wrong size bra. "Measurements don't have anything to do with it?" Think again.

be happy with who you are and forget what everyone else has to say even if it is your family they should Love You no matter what.

Girlie7 11

Don't worry OP,there is nothing wrong in having small boobs.Don't sweat it just cause your mom said it.you want a guy who likes you for yourself and not for your boob size.

Girlie7 11

Don't worry OP,there is nothing wrong in having small boobs.Don't sweat it just cause your mom said it.you want a guy who likes you for yourself and not for your boob size.

aprilita 8

There's nothing wrong with being part of the itty bitty titty committe :p