By Anonymous - 16/11/2013 21:40 - United States - Blain

Today, my mom baked a cake for the whole family. One spent EpiPen later, I found out there were nuts in it, which I'm severely allergic to. My mom's defense was that she thought I'd have "gotten over" my allergy by now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 374
You deserved it 3 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

andrealovvve 17

Your mom is a ******* moron. Allergies aren't like a cold and just go away after awhile.

It's possible. But severe ones can take way longer, or you may never get rid of them.

I'm no doctor but I'm fairly certain you can't "get over" an allergy. Actually, I'm positive. Still I wonder what made her think a good amount of time had passed for you to be over your allergy..

Just googled it. "There is a 20% chance of outgrowing allergies to peanuts, tree nuts and shellfish and a 75% chance of outgrowing allergies to milk, eggs, soy, fish, and wheat."

You're "positive", but wrong. You can out grow nearly any allergy. Severe ones are obviously the harder ones to out grow, and nearly impossible.

Obryn 9

Yup. My daughter outgrew her severe peanut allergy after 10 years of us keeping her away from peanuts and working with an allergist. Now she just doesn't like peanuts... :(

It's possible to outgrow an allergy but the more serious the allergy the less likely that is. Nuts, shellfish and bees are the worst.

I once hoped my mother would get over her allergy to cats as a kid, but nope...

Shrocko 5

All these nut puns sure are cheesy...

ViviMage 38

What the @%£# was she thinking?! *Some* people get over nut allergies like milk, but most do not and it just gets worse each time. I am allergic to latex and my airway tries to close off. Also insect venoms. These I expect to get worse as life goes on, not better! You can try a desensitizing program, or just tell your mother to GTFO.

Alexzandriah 9

Your mum is literally just stupid. Sorry.

I agree with your mom. At your age you need to quit holing on to childish things like allergies and toys.