By NoColor - 29/10/2014 13:09 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my little sister decided to color-in my favorite black-and-white comic book. It was worth over $200. When I told my mother, she said, "Oh that old thing? I thought it was a stupid coloring book you were too stupid to color." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 510
You deserved it 4 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Completely rude and ignorant of them sorry OP

Your mom doesn't think very highly of you, doesn't say much for her .

Comments

Good, maybe you'll read something worth your time now OP

You have no right to say what is worth OP's time and what isn't. It's HER time, not yours. So get your rude, ignorant ass off this FML.

Am I the only person who grew up with parents who RESPECTED my stuff?!! Good grief my folks never would have let my siblings do this stuff. Mom needs to cough up $250.00 the extra for pain and suffering!

ber4fun 23

I keep all of my collectibles and antiques hidden away from everyone in my household. I guess now OP will too.

My heart goes out to you in this difficult time OP.

jeragonm 15

$200 for a comic book? In black and white?

rocker_chick23 27

It was probably a first edition or something.

The original TMNT comics from the 80's were mostly in black and white. First print of the first issue in near-mint condition is worth $15k

Was it in a case or folder or something? Plastic wrapped? Anything to let people know it was something of value? I guess it doesn't matter, your stuff is your stuff. It was kept in your room or somewhere private, wasn't it? Not on a kitchen table? Because if it was, then that's not how you treat a collectors item.

juturnaamo 29

I feel you OP, my mom trashed or gave away a lot of things that were valuable to me just because they didn't look valuable to her. Some parents just see everything on their house as theirs.

if you don't share with your family your hobbies how would they know? at least don't leave what you value lying around.